Original topic:

When I connect my samsung s10e to BT devices, my voice sounds terrible

(Topic created: 04-09-2020 02:23 PM)
userHdF0fuAKhK
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Please help.

When I connect my samsung s10e to BT devices, my voice sounds terrible and people can barely understand what I say.
I have this issue using wireless headphones (Galaxy buds and sony wf-1000xm3), in my car when I get calls while connected to the audio system and now I have the issue that the voice is also terrible when I record videos while I'm connected to my DJI OSMO MOBILE 3 Gimbal.

I have no Issues on videos w/o gimble and on regular calls.

Its really frustrating. Please advice.

Thank you!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
SamsungAdam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Are you using dual audio on your device when you are experiencing these symptoms?

-If yes, I would recommend testing your device with a single Bluetooth input.

I would recommend testing your Bluetooth devices on another device. If you experience these symptoms on another device, the it sounds like the Bluetooth devices may be the cause of the symptoms you are experience.

If you don't experience these symptoms with another device, I would recommend trying a few things:

Do you experience these symptoms if you test your device in safe mode? 

If your phone is misbehaving, it's possible that a third-party app is causing the issue. To figure out what app is acting funny, you can use the Safe Mode feature. In Safe Mode, your phone won't run any third-party apps. This allows you to easily identity and remove the app that may be causing the problem.

-Give this link a try to test your device in safe mode: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00062983/

Have you tried resetting the network settings? Just a heads up, by resetting the network settings, it will remove all wi-fi and Bluetooth settings you currently have saved.

Are you using the stock apps on your device when you are experiencing these symptoms?

-If no, I would recommend testing with the stock apps

Have you tried wiping the cache partition on your device? The system cache partition stores temporary system data. It's supposed to allow the system to access apps more quickly and efficiently, but sometimes things get cluttered and outdated, so a periodic cache clearing can help make the system run more smoothly.

Give these steps a try for wiping the cache partition on your device: 

1. Turn off the device.
  2. Press and hold the Volume Up key and the Bixby key, then press and hold the Power key.
  3. When the Android logo displays, release all three keys.
  4. An 'Installing system update' message will show for 30 - 60 seconds before the Android system recovery menu options appear.
  5. Press the Volume down key several times to highlight wipe cache partition.
  6. Press Power key to select.
  7. Press the Volume down key to highlight yes, them and press the Power key to select.
  8. When the wipe cache partition is complete, Reboot system now is highlighted.
  9. Press the Power key to restart the device.

If you have tried all the troubleshooting steps provided, my last recommended step would be a factory reset on your device. Important: Please save any information you need prior to the factory reset because otherwise your personal information may not be recovered. If you have encrypted the microSD card, you must decrypt it before resetting the phone. Otherwise, your phone will not be able to read the data on the card. From Settings, search for and select Decrypt SD card, and then follow the on-screen prompts. Before you perform a factory reset, be sure to back up your personal data, so you don't lose it all.

-Give this link a try to factory reset your device: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00062029/

Please let me know if you continue to experience these symptoms.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in context

3 Replies
Solution
SamsungAdam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Are you using dual audio on your device when you are experiencing these symptoms?

-If yes, I would recommend testing your device with a single Bluetooth input.

I would recommend testing your Bluetooth devices on another device. If you experience these symptoms on another device, the it sounds like the Bluetooth devices may be the cause of the symptoms you are experience.

If you don't experience these symptoms with another device, I would recommend trying a few things:

Do you experience these symptoms if you test your device in safe mode? 

If your phone is misbehaving, it's possible that a third-party app is causing the issue. To figure out what app is acting funny, you can use the Safe Mode feature. In Safe Mode, your phone won't run any third-party apps. This allows you to easily identity and remove the app that may be causing the problem.

-Give this link a try to test your device in safe mode: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00062983/

Have you tried resetting the network settings? Just a heads up, by resetting the network settings, it will remove all wi-fi and Bluetooth settings you currently have saved.

Are you using the stock apps on your device when you are experiencing these symptoms?

-If no, I would recommend testing with the stock apps

Have you tried wiping the cache partition on your device? The system cache partition stores temporary system data. It's supposed to allow the system to access apps more quickly and efficiently, but sometimes things get cluttered and outdated, so a periodic cache clearing can help make the system run more smoothly.

Give these steps a try for wiping the cache partition on your device: 

1. Turn off the device.
  2. Press and hold the Volume Up key and the Bixby key, then press and hold the Power key.
  3. When the Android logo displays, release all three keys.
  4. An 'Installing system update' message will show for 30 - 60 seconds before the Android system recovery menu options appear.
  5. Press the Volume down key several times to highlight wipe cache partition.
  6. Press Power key to select.
  7. Press the Volume down key to highlight yes, them and press the Power key to select.
  8. When the wipe cache partition is complete, Reboot system now is highlighted.
  9. Press the Power key to restart the device.

If you have tried all the troubleshooting steps provided, my last recommended step would be a factory reset on your device. Important: Please save any information you need prior to the factory reset because otherwise your personal information may not be recovered. If you have encrypted the microSD card, you must decrypt it before resetting the phone. Otherwise, your phone will not be able to read the data on the card. From Settings, search for and select Decrypt SD card, and then follow the on-screen prompts. Before you perform a factory reset, be sure to back up your personal data, so you don't lose it all.

-Give this link a try to factory reset your device: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00062029/

Please let me know if you continue to experience these symptoms.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

userHdF0fuAKhK
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Great!

after I wiped the cache partition, everything works fine.

Thanks a lot!

0 Likes
J0EMAZING
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I used the smart things app for Samsung as I had the same issue with home theater, and had to set up every together. It's easy & the app does all the work. Now my sound is amazing.

0 Likes