cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Lizhewson
Cosmic Ray

When is Samsung going to fix the Do Not Disturb / Notification Reminders conflict?

For months now, on both the s9 and my new s10, Do Not Disturb does not work as intended because Notification Reminders overrides Do Not Disturb and pushes notifications through. When is this issue going to be fixed @samsung? Many people have posted about the problem, but no patch has been pushed through.

9 REPLIES 9
Supernova

Re: When is Samsung going to fix the Do Not Disturb / Notification Reminders conflict?

@Lizhewson wrote:

For months now, on both the s9 and my new s10, Do Not Disturb does not work as intended because Notification Reminders overrides Do Not Disturb and pushes notifications through. When is this issue going to be fixed @samsung? Many people have posted about the problem, but no patch has been pushed through.

I think I have seen a thread yesterday about DND not working properly...other person wrote the he gets email sounds while DND is on.   You have some notificaions set to remind you?

Lizhewson
Cosmic Ray

Re: When is Samsung going to fix the Do Not Disturb / Notification Reminders conflict?

Yes... The conflict between DND and notification reminders is literally the subject of this post.

They are two basic, fundamental functionalities of the phone which are in direct conflict with each other and no solution has been pushed through so far as I'm aware, hence my question.

Supernova

@Lizhewson wrote:

Yes... The conflict between DND and notification reminders is literally the subject of this post.

They are two basic, fundamental functionalities of the phone which are in direct conflict with each other and no solution has been pushed through so far as I'm aware, hence my question.

What kind of notification reminders are we talking about?  Is it when someone called, you missed the call and wanted to be reminded about it? Or is there something else?

Lizhewson
Cosmic Ray

I have the built-in, standard Notification Reminders that come with the phone turned on for missed calls and texts. This is a necessary function throughout the day to be notified of missed messages. However, when Do Not Disturb is engaged, notification reminders still pushes notifications through, thus negating the usefulness of DND.  My only DND exceptions are for if someone repeatedly calls me, but yet I still receive text message vibrations and sounds because Notification Reminders is overriding DND.

There have been other discussions on this forum about this issue for months, so what I want to know is when will a patch be released to fix this very basic functionality issue.

Both of these are built into the phone and not from a 3rd party or the app store, so this is entirely a Samsung problem.

Samsung_GB4vNvJ
Astronaut

Need new OP mam

Need new OP mam

userAr6LTdjmBz
Astronaut

I too have this exact same issue. Notification reminders does not adhere to the Do Not Disturb settings, nor do they adhere to the settings in Notification Reminders. I had reminders turned off for twitter, yet every 5 minutes it would make the reminder sound. Took a while to figure out this was happening because I had changed my notification sound to a different sound in the list which apparently would make the sound when selected or sampled, but wouldn't make the sound when triggered by the actual notification or text message. The silence led me to believe everything was working with DND and reminders until I realized I wasn't getting any sound notifications for incoming text messages. FYI the sound that would NOT play was the "Join Hangout" tone. Not sure if that tone was migrated in from my old phone or what. Don't get distracted by all this ringtone talk though, my main complaint here is the DND and NR settings not functioning like they should.

userXFEB04LTjb
Constellation

@SamsungUS I am having the same issue.  I have my DnD set to turn on every night at 9 pm and off at 8 am, but starting at 6 am all my email and notifications start coming through and waking everyone up.  Why have Do Not Disturb options if they do not even work properly?

I love the phone (S10) but this problem is enough for me to not even upgrade it or go with another Samsung because it is so annoying and bothersome to everyone in my household.  My husband wishes I had just kept my old iPhone now.

user60hLfQzQ04
Astronaut

We have exactly the same issue with our Note 10... So infuriating! Such a fundamental issue, I don't know why Samsung hasn't resolved this yet!!

userXmMm4uQKWh
Constellation

I am so frustrated by this. It worked perfectly on my S9 so there really doesn't seem to be any excuse.