cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
usersotXebCP26
Constellation

White Light on the bottom of the screen after the update yesterday (11/2/19)

My Samsung S10+ has a row of bright white light along the bottom edge of the phone.  It happened after the update yesterday.  I cannot get it to go away... even after powering it on & off. I'm concerned that its impacting the battery.  Thanks!

11 REPLIES 11
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: White Light on the bottom of the screen after the update yesterday (11/2/19)

Hello there,

Thanks for reaching out.

I will gladly look into this for you. Have you tried wiping the cache partition recently? Doing this will clear any outdated files stored in the cache. It will also allow your device to run more smoothly.

Follow these steps:

- Turn off the device.
- Press and hold the Volume Up key and the Bixby key, then press and hold the Power key.
- When the Android logo displays, release all three keys.
- An ‘Installing system update’ message will show for 30 – 60 seconds before the Android system recovery menu options appear.
- Press the Volume down key several times to highlight wipe cache partition.
- Press Power key to select.
- Press the Volume down key to highlight yes, them and press the Power key to select.
- When the wipe cache partition is complete, Reboot system now is highlighted.
- Press the Power key to restart the device.

Your phone will take a little time booting up after the cache partition is wiped off of its contents as it will rebuild or recreate those caches. Don’t be alarmed if the phone gets stuck on the logo for a minute or two after this just don’t turn it off so that what was deleted will be replaced successfully. So, wait for your phone to become active. Don’t worry, this procedure is very easy and safe to do. You won’t damage your phone just by wiping the cache partition.

If that doesn't help, try testing your device in safe mode. This will disable any third-party apps from running in the background that may be causing this to occur.

Please follow the steps below:

1. Turn the device off.

2. Press and hold the Power key past the model name screen.

3. When "SAMSUNG" appears on the screen, release the Power key.

4. Immediately after releasing the Power key, press and hold the Volume down key.

5. Continue to hold the Volume down key until the device finishes restarting.

6. Safe mode will display in the bottom left corner of the screen.

7. Release the Volume down key when you see Safe Mode.

8. To exit Safe Mode, restart your device.

Let us know how your device responds after performing this step! 

userwKdiN1X02g
Constellation

Re: White Light on the bottom of the screen after the update yesterday (11/2/19)

Hello, I have same issue after the update to ver. 10, also I have another problem with my full screen in the bottom!!!

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

@userwKdiN1X02g Have you tried any of the previously mentioned troubleshooting steps?

usersotXebCP26
Constellation

I followed all the steps + it did not fix the problem.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

@usersotXebCP26

That's a bummer! If you don't mind sending a private message providing the full model code and IMEI so I can further look into this? http://bit.ly/2GGYul4

Samsung_9yKIZb1
Astronaut

Had this very same thing happen with no update involved whatsoever. Factory wiped and everything. Ended up having to get a warranty replacement device.

Andrew09
Astronaut

This is to a update from samsung pay and will stay there to access it every time try swiping up on the lock screen or the home screen hope that will solve all the problems

userxwj5Ohv06w
Constellation

None of the suggestions given so far on the forum here erase the annoying white light bar at the bottom of the screen.

My white light is so bright that it literally hurts my eyes to type responses.   My white light bar appeared immediately following the recent upgrade yesterday just as the original poster here indicated. I will add a screenshot to demonstrate the annoying issue.  

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

@userxwj5Ohv06w Have you tested the phone in Safe Mode to see if the light is seen there as well? https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00062983/

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.