cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

White bar at bottom of the screen

Hello, I am experiencing an issue and it seems like I am not the only one. My Samsung Galaxy S10+ suddenly developed a white bar at the bottom of the screen. The buttons still function, but I can't see the icons. The white bar flickers the entire time that the phone is plugged into the charger. After it first happened, I had some difficulty with restarting, but that seems to have subsided.

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: White bar at bottom of the screen

Have you attempted to test the device in safe mode to see if the same symptoms still occur?

Let's try putting the device in Safe mode to determine if there are external factors that cause this symptom. This step will temporarily disable all your third-party apps, but none of your personal data will be deleted. Your customization settings (Wallpaper, Themes, et cetera) will be reset to default once you exit this mode.

Please follow the steps below:

1. Turn the device off.

2. Press and hold the Power key past the model name screen.

3. When "SAMSUNG" appears on the screen, release the Power key.

4. Immediately after releasing the Power key, press and hold the Volume down key.

5. Continue to hold the Volume down key until the device finishes restarting.

6. Safe mode will display in the bottom left corner of the screen.

7. Release the Volume down key when you see Safe Mode.

8. To exit Safe Mode, restart your device.

Highlighted
Asteroid

Exactly the same issue on my S10! Safe mode doesn't help. 

I woke up, grabbed my phone from the wireless charger and had a difficulty turning it on. The white bar is covering about 1/5th of the bottom screen. Everything covered by the white bar still works fine (fingerprint scanner, typing, etc.), but impossible to get rid of it even in safe mode. 

A quick search shows this is happening to a lot of people, and most have said they had to replace the screen on their own dime. This is already my second S10, the first one died after the battery simply stopped charging. Gonna be so angry if it's not covered under warranty, never even dropped it once since I bought this 4 months ago...Screen Shot 2020-10-29 at 12.27.49 PM.png

Highlighted
Constellation

I ended up taking it in to Verizon (my provider). They are replacing mine. I couldn't find anything on any site that offered any help.