cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

White bar now blank Screen

I had a white bar appear at the bottom of my sceen and now it get an occasional flash White or Green when in touch the power button but otherwise the whole screen has gone black. I've not had the phone long... anyone know what's wrong with it. 

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Asteroid

Re: White bar now blank Screen

No.. not at all. I was in a car cradle being a GPS, not even on a charge cable and suddenly I had a bright white stripe at the bottom. When the lock screen kicked in it became impossible to get the screen back at all. I forced a shut down, plugged it into a charging cable (although it still had 50% battery left) restarted it and I got the home screen again shortly along with the white bar again momentarilly before it went black again.

I managed to get this photo just before the lock screen kicked back in and it went dark for good. 
If I take a screen shot the bar isn't there.. so I'm assuming it's a finger print scanner screen issue? @samsung I need some help here please? It's not even that old.. 

20200714_095240.jpg

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Do you experience these symptoms if you test your device in safe mode? 

If your phone is misbehaving, it's possible that a third-party app is causing the issue. To figure out what app is acting funny, you can use the Safe Mode feature. In Safe Mode, your phone won't run any third-party apps. This allows you to easily identity and remove the app that may be causing the problem.

Give this link a try to test your device in safe mode: 

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00062983/

Highlighted
Asteroid

I'm afraid the screen isn't visable at all to do that anymore I get this bar at the bottom when I press the power button and then the screen goes blank. The picture before is only visable while it's plugged in to a power source but the battery appears to hold a charge so it's fair to assume it's nothing to do with that. As soon as the lack screen kicks in the whole thing goes black and stays black

Screenshot 2020-07-19 at 11.56.56.png

Highlighted
Asteroid

Update!! I managed to get the screen to work for 5 mins by plugging it in. I've noticed it gets quite hot quite quickly.. but anyway I deleted all the 3rd party apps AND booted into safe mode. This is all I can see.. and as soon as the lock screen kicks in there's not bringing it back again. It just a useless slab of black. Until you plug it in again and 'sometimes' it decided to show the home screen. But only sometimes. @SamsungSteph 

2020-07-19 12.28.49.jpg

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

If after performing the troubleshooting provided you are still experiencing this symptom I would recommend service for your device. I would be happy to look into this for you, could you please provide me with the following information in a private message to do so? https://bit.ly/2SUXRar

Model number:

IMEI number:

Full name:
Complete physical address:
Contact phone number:
Alternate phone number:
Email address:

Thank you.