cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Th3Jok3R
Asteroid

Whos ready for a good laugh? What a joke.

So, here ...we/...go. I bought an S10 and two days later Im in the car with my three children (The phone was never in direct sunlight now and nor was it running intense apps to crrate heat. I notice a smell, and i look over my phones smoking , instantly im like what? So as I drive down the freeway at 65 mph. Ity literally bursts into flames, its not like I can pull over, so I panicked and tossed it out the window. Now Ive bought thousands of $'s from these clowns at samsung. They care not for their customers, after telling them what happened, they decide to mock me by sending me a box to put the device I previously told them I couldnt get as it wasnt there. And now they refuse to help, I dont get it, they say they understand but do nothing? Im pretty sure im done with this joke of a garbage company. 

6 REPLIES 6
Samsung Care Ambassador

Re: Whos ready for a good laugh? What a joke.

@Th3Jok3R so you're saying the phone burst into flames out of nowhere after it started smoking, and you threw the phone out of the window (as such you have  zero proof of these events)? Just making sure I'm understanding the situation here. 

I'm not really sure what can be done for you...😓

Th3Jok3R
Asteroid

No, here let me get a little more in depth, as I just get tired of repeating it. Driving down the road, heavy traffic, the phone starts to emits a slight singey smell and has a slight smolder, I then proceed to shut it off, but the situation continues. The devices starts smoldering a bit, and mind you ive got my 3 children in the car, and im still driving during rush hour. I roll the windows down as it begins to emits little sparks, almost as f it was an arc (almost As that of a wleder) by then the smoke was bothering  myself and my 3 children. thats when it started burning. and the smoke got intense I really had no choice it all happened within 90 second period. Didnt think it would happen the 2nd day I paid over $1,000.00 for a High end cell phone. And as samsung says "Oh we wouldve done the dame thing but were not gonna help you even though youve spent  and registered A LOT of phones with us. And its like insult to injury, as I inforned them I didnt have the device, I went to look for it, gone, I called law enforcemnt to see if someone turned in a glazzy baked cell phone and to no avail.

So tell me how would you have attained proof?

Samsung Care Ambassador

@Th3Jok3R thanks for clarifying that for me. I understand the situation as pretty disturbing and shocking. The Community isn't the best place to get results in your matter, however. It's very strange to me that this would happen randomly, and even more so seemingly for no reason (no heat, drops, other damage). If you're serious about getting a result I would consider reaching out to a legal expert to find out what your options could be. I'm not a lawyer and this is not legal advice. 

Th3Jok3R
Asteroid

Im already looking into arbitration for the situation. Especially as Samsung sent me a box to put the device I dont have in it for Analysis. Knowing full well what the situation was.

FrankieBoi
Asteroid

I have charged my S10+ in a hot car before (not in direct...

I have charged my S10+ in a hot car before (not in direct sunlight) and it has never just caught fire it just sometimes says it's overheating and stop charging. You must have had a faulty model or something.

Highlighted
Th3Jok3R
Asteroid

Re: I have charged my S10+ in a hot car before (not in direct...

Ive never even charged it in the car lol And it was A/C'd in the car haha but yeah thats what im thinking.

@FrankieBoi wrote:

I have charged my S10+ in a hot car before (not in direct sunlight) and it has never just caught fire it just sometimes says it's overheating and stop charging. You must have had a faulty model or something.