cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why some have the Beta and others might not?

To everyone concerned about not receiving the update banner -

I'm not sure what Samsung's criteria is for pushing out the Beta notification. I purchased two US unlocked S10+ (G975U1) on launch day in March. One for myself, one for my wife. Both were purchased at the same time from the same batch at Best Buy and both were activated with a previously used Sim Card from Cricket within 60 seconds of each other. I got the update banner earlier today and installed it, but her phone has yet to get the banner.

Don't know if it goes in order of IMEI number, serial number, previously having a Beta on a previous phone, or random alignment of the stars. 

However, after receiving the update I can't say I'm all that impressed. I'm not having any issues whatsoever, but I'm not seeing anything that I couldn't have lived without. Maybe that will change over the next couple of days. I think I just got caught up in the hype along with everyone else.

In other words, don't fret if you haven't received a notification yet. Maybe it will come, maybe not. You're really not missing out on much. If you look through the threads, a LOT of people are having SERIOUS issues. Maybe the ones who don't get the update are the lucky ones?

Sent from my Unlocked S10+ G975U1. Hopefully better than my famously UNSUPPORTED SAMSUNG GALAXY S7 EDGE (SM-G935U).
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Why some have the Beta and others might not?

With it being a Beta, some serious issues are to be expected. These issues all can be reported via the feedback methods in the members app. For more information on the Beta you can see the FAQs here: https://static.samsungmembers.com/betatest/binary/us/faq_sub.html

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Samsung Care Ambassador

Re: Why some have the Beta and others might not?

And some things will be added, and some deleted. The commercial variation is nothing like the first beta. Add it being a beta, expect crashes, glitches, and other problems. Report all bugs you encounter to the beta forums. It is vital for future oneui 2 in top of Android 10