cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
user4SzfUjWQSf
Asteroid

WiFi Issues with one connection

I'm having issues with a WiFi connection (at work) with my S10+. Its fairly odd and just recently started. My phone connects to the WiFi without issue but then displays the "!" and states that there may not be an internet connection from the source. Ive seen it before when my ISP has gone down at home a bunch of times like anyone else. The issue is that nobody else (250+ people) is having the issue. The WiFi is a gues connection and does not require any log in or password. I'm not seeing this issue with any other WiFi connection elsewhere. If gone the "forget connection" and reestablished it, but the issue persisits. Any deas on what it may be? Im curious if I may ahve changes a setting at some point but can't think of anything that may have changed.

5 REPLIES 5
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: WiFi Issues with one connection

I recommend reaching out to your IT department at work regarding this.

user4SzfUjWQSf
Asteroid

Thanks Larry. I've done so. However. If no other users around me, many with the same phone, are having the issue I'd think it may potentially point to something on the device? A setting perhaps?

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

I would be inclined to agree if the wifi wasn't working everywhere else. I suggest having them take a second look at it for you.

user4SzfUjWQSf
Asteroid

Afrer some testing it ended up being my private DNS settings being active and the network either not allowing or conflicting with them. When removed the connection opened up and worked like my other devices. 

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

That is great news! I am happy to hear it is now working!