Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Nikish
Asteroid

Wifi Icon disappeared when connected.

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi,

I have come accross a weird issue where the Wifi Icon which use to show on the status bar has been somehow disappeared. Earlier when Wifi was connected to any network, it use to show a WIFI icon on the status bar. But now its gone.

Is anyone else facing this issue?

I have tried Reseting the Network Settings and Reseting the Settings but to no gain. I even called the Samsung guys and after surfing my phone on Smart Tutor for a while, even they were not able to understand. They asked me to wait for the next update which is due soon.

Anyone else has any workaround?

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Charlie
Cosmic Ray

Re: Wifi Icon disappeared when connected.

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey Nikish check on GoodLock if you might have the "QuickStar" plugin activated by mistake. As you can see in these screenshots when QuickStar in on some icons dissapeared and when turned off they reappeared again.

15 REPLIES 15
Samsung Care Ambassador

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey @Nikish, this is a new one for me... By any chance, do you use any apps like GoodLock or SystemUI Tuner?

Best regards,
Rydah
Samsung Care Ambassador

If you've found my post to be helpful, please like the post. If my response resolved your issue, please press the "✓ Accept as Solution" button.
Nikish
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey @Rydah i am using GoodLock but only the One Handed Operation feature. The Wifi Icon was working fine and suddenly it went off.

So ideally, when the phone connects to any wifi network, the status bar shows the wifi icon, which has gone now..

Please look into this. Also, if you could share a screenshot of your status bar when your phone's wifi is connected, would be great.

Regards,

Nikish

Samsung Care Ambassador

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey @Nikish, as you requested, here is a screenshot of my status bar while connected to WiFi.

Screenshot_20190327-100626_One UI Home.jpgS10+ Connected to WiFi

I'd sugest you try booting into safe mode. It sounds like a third party app (such as Samsung's own GoodLock) is disabling icons. I know you said that you're only using the One Handed feature but I just want to do our rounds of troubleshooting. By booting into safe mode, you'd be booting your phone up without any user apps that may causing issues with your device.

To enter safe mode:

1. Press and hold the Power button until the 'Power off' prompt appears then release.
    Power button
  2. Touch and hold Power off until the 'Safe mode' prompt appears then release.
  3. To confirm, tap Safe mode.
    Note The process may take up to 30 seconds to complete.
    Note Upon reboot, 'Safe mode' appears in the lower-left of the unlock / Home screen.
  4. With Safe Mode enabled, turn on your Wi-Fi and connect to a network to see if the icon remains on your status bar.

If your Wi-Fi icon stays on the status bar while in safe mode, the cause of it ot being there when booted into the regular system will be due to a third party app. Please let me know the results.

Best regards,
Rydah
Samsung Care Ambassador

If you've found my post to be helpful, please like the post. If my response resolved your issue, please press the "✓ Accept as Solution" button.
Nikish
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi @Rydah thanks for your reply. I try putting my phone in the safe mode but the wifi icon would still not appear.

I am attaching a screenshot of my phone when the Wi-Fi is connected to my home network. Please check and comment. Screenshot_20190328-070832_One UI Home.jpg

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@Nikish Who is your service provider?

Nikish
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Service Provider is irrelevant as this has occurred on all the networks where the phone was connected.

Its just not showing the icon. I think a hard reset is the only option now as i have tried reseting most of the settings.

Highlighted
Charlie
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey Nikish check on GoodLock if you might have the "QuickStar" plugin activated by mistake. As you can see in these screenshots when QuickStar in on some icons dissapeared and when turned off they reappeared again.

Nikish
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey @Charlie you just made my day... I dont know how this app got activated, but anyways for now the wifi icon is back and I am super relaxed. I was about to reset my phone and you made me save the efforts. Thanks Bud.

Thank you @Rydah : You did mention the GoodLock app, but Quickstar thing was somehow out of my knowledge.

Thank you @SamsungRei  for showing concern.

Regards, 

Nikish

JasonGS10Plus
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION
This also resolved my issue, I uninstalled good lock but the quick star plug remained. When I uninstalled it, the icons came right back. Just do a search for quick star and your phone will find it.