cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userFvdrV8zfPq
Asteroid

Will my Galaxy S10 unlocked have WiFi calling with T-Mobile or ATT?

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have preordered unlocked galaxy S10

Will i have on my unlocked S10 the  option for wifi calling on ATT or Tmobile?

currently I beilieve I can't do wifi calling on my unlocked S9 on ATT or Tmobile

Gaddy

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Samsung Care Ambassador

Re: Will my Galaxy S10 unlocked have WiFi calling with T-Mobile or ATT?

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userFvdrV8zfPq wrote:

currently I beilieve I can't do wifi calling on my unlocked S9 on ATT or Tmobile

Gaddy

I currently have an unlocked S10+ on tmobile and my Wi-Fi calling works as well as my visual voicemail

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14
Highlighted
Samsung Care Ambassador

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userFvdrV8zfPq wrote:

Gaddy

I currently have an unlocked S10+ on tmobile and my Wi-Fi calling works as well as my visual voicemail

View solution in original post

Samsung Care Ambassador

JUMP TO SOLUTION

There will be no issue using unlocked on T-Mobile VoLTE and wifi calling should work the only thing is that you cant use EVS HD Voice or RCS advance messaging that only applies on carrier version but you can easily flash your ROM to T-Mobile version if you know how.

AT&T on the other hand is the most complicated network of all 4 Carriers not only they blocked to use VoLTE and wifi calling on most unlocked devices they also blocked the update if you happen to flash your ROM to ATT Version.

But i have noticed there might be some signs that on pie software AT&T Might activate atleast VoLTE on their network but i cant confirm.

═════════════════════════════════════
If you post new question please specify your Phone model and Carrier.
If you like my comment please hit ♥
if I answer your question please hit the 'accept as solution' button
Goodole
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

That did not happen. Still no wifi calling.

userxOoNSVrynB
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Your question had been answered but I would like to add that wifi calling on TMobile with unlocked s9 does work. 

userF8ggB2N8E7
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I also ordered unlocked s10. It will arrige today. That's very first thing to check if wifi calling works or not for AT&T.

If not, I am going to return it and order ATT version. I wish I had researched before ordering. It was too late to cancel order also as it shipped already by the time I realized this issue through forums.

Samsung Care Ambassador

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userF8ggB2N8E7 wrote:

I also ordered unlocked s10. It will arrige today. That's very first thing to check if wifi calling works or not for AT&T.

If not, I am going to return it and order ATT version. I wish I had researched before ordering. It was too late to cancel order also as it shipped already by the time I realized this issue through forums.

I have the unlocke S10+ AT&T no wifi calling or volte.. But at&t announced few weeks ago to shut down 3G so there is a possibility that VoLTE will work in the future updates.

═════════════════════════════════════
If you post new question please specify your Phone model and Carrier.
If you like my comment please hit ♥
if I answer your question please hit the 'accept as solution' button
userWmNA04wJFd
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

No wifi calling on ATT on unlocked phone. Stinks. Lost the promotion for earbuds and some of my trade in value. ATT making up the difference on my bill. So that was nice.

userJSNbezK400
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I returned my unlocked phone and painfully, I had to return earbuds also that came free.... I ordered AT&T version before March 8th and will get $130 eCertificate soon in 15 days.  I will use it for Watch Active or Galaxy Buds black color to match with my phone color.

soulife
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

You don't have to return it, just download and flash the correct At&t firmware for your phone and model. The phone's are all physically identical between all the carriers and only the firmware is different.. flashing your phone to at&t would be no different than an at&t phone, other than the fact it won't have at&t's logo physically branded onto the phone itself.

Search: odin, phone's model, flashing, xda.

Make sure you flash the correct version.