Original topic:

Wireless Dex doesn't use my PC mouse?

(Topic created on: 1/15/21 7:34 AM)
Mtiede
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S10

When I connect by USB, I thought it was pretty cool that it used my keyboard and mouse.  But when I connect wirelessly, it doesn't recognize my mouse.  

Is this a bug, or do I need to turn some option on?

Wirelessly would work pretty well since my monitor base has built in wireless charging.  So I can just turn on Dex on the phone wirelessly and then place the phone on the base and work as long as I want.

3 Replies
userIU7JP9PrWd
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S10

apparently wireless dex isn't supported with note 10+. You can use windows connect(like you are), but you have to use the phone display as a touch pad. 

/// To use Samsung DeX on your PC, your mobile device has to be one of the following (available devices may differ by country or region):

[Wired connection to a PC]
- Galaxy Note10, Galaxy Note10 5G, Galaxy Note10+, Galaxy Note10+ 5G, Galaxy S20, Galaxy S20+, Galaxy S20 Ultra 5G, Galaxy Note20/Note 20 Ultra/Note20 5G/Note20 Ultra 5G, Galaxy Z Fold2, Galaxy S21/S21+/S21 Ultra

▷ The following devices are supported through a software update (the software update schedule may vary depending on the region and country):
- Galaxy S9, Galaxy S9+, Galaxy Note9, Galaxy S10, Galaxy S10 5G, Galaxy S10+, Galaxy S10e, Galaxy Fold, Galaxy A90 5G

[Wireless connection to a PC]
- Galaxy S21/S21+/S21 Ultra ///

0 Likes
LongHiker
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S10

@userIU7JP9PrWd wrote:

apparently wireless dex isn't supported with note 10+.  

That is not correct. My Note 10+ works with wireless DEX just fine. 

0 Likes
Mtiede
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S10

Does your PC mouse work with wireless Dex?   My PC Dex app works fine.  But when wireless, the phone HAS to be used a touchpad, and not the use my mouse.  And the touchpad interface doesn't respond well at all.  This is with a Galaxy S10.

0 Likes