cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
EMCal61
Asteroid

Wireless week charging detected

I own a Galaxy S10 plus with 2 wireless "FAST" chargers, no matter which one I use they both will show week charging detected when in use. They will only charge about 10% in a 7 hour period.  This phone is only about 3 or 4 months old, original phone purchased was returned for a new one both phones have done the same the thing. The fast chargers worked fine with my old S7 active.

What is the problem?

What is the solution?

Not so fast!

11 REPLIES 11
Samsung_5K7q1ur
Astronaut

Re: Wireless week charging detected

Go into your settings and do a search for fast charging. There is a switch that allows fast charging, make sure it is turned on. Hope that helps!

EMCal61
Asteroid

Did a search for "fast charging", no results found!

Ty

Samsung Care Ambassador

Do you have a case on the S10+? If so, remove the case and restest. 

EMCal61
Asteroid

I remove the case, the 1st night the phone charged from 40% to 100%. The 2nd night the phone charged from 40% to 52%. Both nights it sat on the charger for over 7 hours.

Samsung Care Ambassador

@EMCal61 wrote:

I remove the case, the 1st night the phone charged from 40% to 100%. The 2nd night the phone charged from 40% to 52%. Both nights it sat on the charger for over 7 hours.

I would try a different wireless charger at night. It could be that the wireless charger is shutting down. It is also possible that something is bumping the phone and causing it to be misaligned with the charger. 

If you can post a picture of the Settings -> Device Care -> Battery -> "Battery usage" screen that could provide some clues.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Are you using the wireless charger from your S7?

EMCal61
Asteroid

@SamsungAdam wrote:

Are you using the wireless charger from your S7?

Yes I'm using my original wireless charger that's 3 years old, and a brand new one.  Both of them are acting in the same manner.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Thank you for that information. Are you able to fast charge your device with the wall charger?

EMCal61
Asteroid

Yes, the wall charger works fine, and mobile charging works fine.