cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
seelk
Constellation

Yellow tint when opening images

When opening an image in Google Photos the phone screen changes to a yellow tint.  The same effect is seen right after opening the Gallery app.  Is this some sort of issue or a setting?

I recorded and uploaded the effect to youtube:

https://youtu.be/HoOtu2alLz4

Every time an image is opened from Google Photos the screen changes to a yellow tint. The same happens just by opening the Gallery app.
7 REPLIES 7
dirtdevilmavic
Constellation

Re: Yellow tint when opening images

Have you played with any of the display settings?

seelk
Constellation

I played around with the display settings a bit to no avail...

You probably have blue light filter on.

Go to settings > display > bluelight filter to see if it's on "on" or "auto adjust" and if it is, turning it off might fix it! Good luck🤞🏽🤞🏽🤞🏽

seelk
Constellation

Bluelight filter is off.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

@seelk do you have any e-readers on your device such as Kindle or Google Books?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Last thing I'd suggest is go to go to

Settings > display > screen mode the try to set it to vivid if that doesn't fix it do the same steps then adjust the white balance to cool

Samsung failed to put the Adaptive Display option under Screen Mode settings on the S10. You are forced to use Natrual or Vivid settings which either give a yellow tint or puts strain on your eyes with oversaturated brightness. The RGB options in the S10 make no difference on screen for me. The S9 plus had the Adaptive Display option and comparing it side by side with my S10 plus shows a big difference. The S10 has colors washed out while S9 has deep dark vibrant colors especially when watching movies or videos and looking at pics..ive spent a good deal of time trying to mess with display settings to match my S9 and have realized that Samsung just did it wrong with the S10. Hopefully they bring Adaptive Display as an option again with a software update.