cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userr2bT0IEiK3
Constellation

attaching video from my files to text message

I have a Samsung Galaxy s10e, and use Xfinity's Mobile Services. I copied a short video to my files>videos, and would like to attach the file to a text message, but have not been able to do that.  Even moving the video to Gallery would be helpful. Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Chris

4 REPLIES 4
Samsung Care Ambassador

Re: attaching video from my files to text message

Hey @userr2bT0IEiK3 (Chris), I hope you're having a great day so far.

From what I'm reading, the video file isn't giving you an option to share the video and isn't listed in your Gallery?

Here's what we can do. Open the My Files app>Select the "Videos" option>Locate your video>Press and hold on the video>Press the share button. After pressing the share button, select the Messaging app of your choice.

Now, let's say you want this file to be listed in your Gallery, let's move it there. While in the My Files app and at the video, when you press and hold on the file, an option to move will appear (just like the share button did.) Go ahead and move it to a location where the rest of your Gallery videos are located.

If you need more help, feel free to let me know.

Have a great rest of your day!

Best regards,
Rydah
Samsung Care Ambassador

If you've found my post to be helpful, please like the post. If my response resolved your issue, please press the "✓ Accept as Solution" button.
userr2bT0IEiK3
Constellation

Hi, Rydah,

Thank you for responding to my request for help. Unfortunately, I have not been able to either get the video attached to a text message, or move it to another folder. Here is what is happening:

When I locate the video and press and hold on the video name, the options appear at the bottome of the screen (move, copy, details, share, delete). When I select share, the app choices are displayed, and I press messages icon. That opens messages, and asks for recipients. After selecting one of my contacts and pressing "Done.", the "enter message" screen is displayed, but the video is not there. I can type a message and send it, but all they get is the text. They don't get the video.

If I select move from the menu, a yellow bar appears at the bottom of the screen with the movie icon with 1 item under it, "Cancel" and "Move here" in the yellow bar. The "Move here" is grayed out. Only "Cancel" can be selected.

Thanks again,

Chris

Highlighted
Samsung Care Ambassador

@userr2bT0IEiK3 wrote:

When I locate the video and press and hold on the video name, the options appear at the bottome of the screen (move, copy, details, share, delete). When I select share, the app choices are displayed, and I press messages icon. That opens messages, and asks for recipients. After selecting one of my contacts and pressing "Done.", the "enter message" screen is displayed, but the video is not there. I can type a message and send it, but all they get is the text. They don't get the video.

If I select move from the menu, a yellow bar appears at the bottom of the screen with the movie icon with 1 item under it, "Cancel" and "Move here" in the yellow bar. The "Move here" is grayed out. Only "Cancel" can be selected.

Where did you get this movie and how many bytes is it? It is possible that it is too large for MMS and in a format that MMS doesn't know how to compress.

When attempting to move the video, you probably have to change directory before the "Move here" button becomes active. It won't be active if you are in the same directory that the movie currently exists.

userr2bT0IEiK3
Constellation

LongHiker,

The size of the video may be the issue. It is 13 MB. I was successful attaching the video to an email that I sent from my phone, so that seems to be the problem. I am going to try compressing the file.

Thanks for your help,

Chris