cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userW9g3U7b7up
Asteroid

battery life suddenly reduced

A week or so ago, my S10 battery life, between charges, suddenly decreased to half of what it had been.  The phone is about 6 months old. Any ideas of what may have caused this?

12 REPLIES 12
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: battery life suddenly reduced

Does this occur with the device in safe mode?

userW9g3U7b7up
Asteroid

no, just in the normal operating modes.

Almost like flipping a switch, my battery life between charges, was cut in half.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Can you please provide me a screenshot of the battery usage by app for the day and for the week: by going to settings > device care > battery?

userW9g3U7b7up
Asteroid

is it best to take those screen shots when the battery is low? Right now I'm at 70% charge

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Awesome!. Please keep me posted and I look forward to the screenshot so I can best assist you.

userW9g3U7b7up
Asteroid

Screenshot_20191018-135415_Device care.jpgScreenshot_20191018-135426_Device care.jpgScreenshot_20191018-135440_Device care.jpgScreenshot_20191018-135515_Device care.jpgScreenshot_20191018-135519_Device care.jpg

Honored Contributor

@userW9g3U7b7up 

Play store seems to stay awake in the background.

1) Check if your google play store app is updated. Go to the app, tap menu(3 lines on the top left), then settings and tap on "play store version".  If updated it will just say it, if not it will say that it will update...

2) Try to see if you can clear data of Google Play Store app.

Tap and hold play store app shortcut on your home screen. Then when context menu appears, tap on App info. Then go to storage, force stop it and clear data.  Restart device

userW9g3U7b7up
Asteroid

app is up to date. 

I did the force stop and clear cache and restart.

When I tap on "clear data" it pops up a warning that says "All of this applications data will be deleted permanently. This includes all files, setting, accounts, database etc"

I don't like the idea of losing all my files, settings, etc

userW9g3U7b7up
Asteroid

no, just in the normal operating modes.

Almost like flipping a switch, my battery life between charges, was cut in half.