cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Astronaut

camera beeps when shutter button pressed, does not take picture

Nearly every time I attempt to take a picture, the camera makes a single beep and the image in the screen  briefly gets slightly larger, but no picture is taken. Repeated pressing of the camera button eventually results in a picture. No doubt some special feature is at work here, but I'm at my wits end trying to disable it. How can I get my camera to act like a regular camera?

15 REPLIES 15
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: camera beeps when shutter button pressed, does not take picture

I would like to look into this for you. Let's look into a couple of things first. 

Have you made sure that your phone is up to date on its software?

Does this issue still happen when your phone is in safe mode?

Does this happen with any other app?

Highlighted
Constellation

Do you have any resolution for this?

My phone's software is up to date.  I haven't tried safe mode.  I have an app I wrote that can take pictures properly.

The problem seems to occur when there is something closer than the main target of the picture.  Maybe the phone isn't happy with the focus, but that should be the user's choice not the phone's choice.  It happens more when zoomed in.  Using Live Focus (whatever that is) instead of Photo seems to help.

It's pretty obnoxious and makes me miss a lot of photo opportunities.

Highlighted
Astronaut

This is still happening 

So frustrating

My phone is up to date with software 

I don't use my phone in safe mode

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Testing the phone in Safe Mode allows you to see if there is a 3rd party app interfering with the basic functions of the phone. The next step would be to do a complete backup and factory reset to correct any software issues. If the camera is still not working the phone will need to be set up for repairs. For service options, you can call 1-800-726-7864 or send a private message with the full model code and IMEI number of the phone. http://bit.ly/2XERsky

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Astronaut

I have only had my S10 for a week and have already missed a number of good shots because of this "beep problem."  How can it be that Samsung programs camera not to trip shutter and beep instead but no one seems to know what the beep means?

Highlighted
Constellation

So I have a phone that sometimes won't takes pictures because Samsung and/or Google is lame and it wasn't buy one get one free because AT&T is dishonest.  Otherwise, I'm a completely satisfied customer. Smiley Happy

Highlighted
Constellation

Has there been any resolution to this? Samsung must know what the problem is. My note9 has exactly the same problem. The annoying beep and no photo is very frustrating. 

Highlighted
Constellation

There is a feature that needs to be turned off.  We need some one that knows the camera. I have the same problem and have also missed some shots.

Highlighted
Astronaut

S10 5G Camera Beep / Shutter sound but no photo taken

This is an infuriating 'bug' - previously raised  a few months ago on THIS THREAD.  Samsung's silence is deafening.

I've the same issue. It started immediately after the last 'major' OS upgrade via settings ("System Updates").  I've many times now thought I've taken a photo - but alas - not so much.  Or typically, not at all.

Touching the shutter button causes a beep, the frame for a brief moment enlarges, and the user thinks they've taken a photo.  Indeed, turns out often is the case...not at all.

I'd say ~80% of my (intended!) photos recently are ghost pics.  Not of ghosts, but pics that don't exist b/c this <edit> phone (oh gawd why did I decide to move away from iPhone?) now has another bug.  

Samsung, you need to fix this bug in an immediate (I mean immediate) software (re-)update to S10 5Gs (and likely most of your other phones).  Folks are missing photos thinking a pic has been taken only to find out - not at all.