cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

camera fail

Having issues with the camera failed warning. I've tried the basic troubleshooting and it didn't work 

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Constellation

Re: camera fail

Mine too! I tried all the things suggested shirt of factory reset and nothing.  Selfie camera works but not back cam.

Highlighted
Astronaut

same here. it was working up til a few days ago. I can tell the front cam still works as I can see it in the settings for skin tone, as well as other apps that use the front cam. once I switch to the back cam those apps fail too.

this has to be a firmware issue. I doubt all of us suddenly have a physical cam issue (albeit I suppose it's possible).

either way is Samsung replacing our phones?
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

I would like to look into this issue further for you. Let's look into a couple of things first.

Have you tried placing your phone into safe mode?

Have you tried clearing the cache partition on your phone? 

1. Turn off the device.
  2. Press and hold the Volume Up key and the Bixby key, then press and hold the Power key.
  3. When the Android logo displays, release all three keys.
  4. An 'Installing system update' message will show for 30 - 60 seconds before the Android system recovery menu options appear.
  5. Press the Volume down key several times to highlight wipe cache partition.
  6. Press Power key to select.
  7. Press the Volume down key to highlight yes, them and press the Power key to select.
  8. When the wipe cache partition is complete, Reboot system now is highlighted.
  9. Press the Power key to restart the device.
Highlighted
Asteroid

I m also facing same problem but the reason might be the different. However the troubleshoot must have work. If it is not working than the problem us with your handset. Please check your smartphone by an expert.