cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userxMp5qdnjJZ
Constellation

camera lens click noise

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Hello, I just received my galaxy s10 plus today and whenever i want open an app like camera, snapchat, instagram story and also face ID i hear like a clicking noise like a mechanic noise that i really dont like. It even happens when I switch from the front to the rear camera or when I change between the different modes. I don't know if it's a problem that comes from my phone or if it's normal. Please help me.
1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Samsung Care Ambassador

Re: camera lens click noise

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userxMp5qdnjJZ  this sound is normal. It's likely the aperature of the adjustable lens adjusting for the current light in the shot. 

View solution in original post

32 REPLIES 32
Samsung Care Ambassador

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userxMp5qdnjJZ  this sound is normal. It's likely the aperature of the adjustable lens adjusting for the current light in the shot. 

View solution in original post

userctDeV2SKft
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION
It is very loud, I still have my S8+ and it does no such thing.
Samsung Care Ambassador

JUMP TO SOLUTION
The S8+ doesn't have a dual aperature camera, so it wouldn't make the sound... It is normal for the camera to make a clicking noise. It is the aperature of the lens adjusting. No need to worry.
userLE7Jo9Sh6A
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I hear the noise from the face unlock feature too. Does the front facing camera also have a mechanism adjusting too?

Ana-haditahh
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Do you know if galaxy a50 works like that too? I hear that noise as well...

userLE7Jo9Sh6A
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I hear the noise from the face unlock feature too. Does the front facing camera also have a mechanism adjusting too? I do not see the any movement from the front camera.

Highlighted
userctDeV2SKft
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION
I am having the exact same issue with the s10+ maybe I'm really particular but it makes the phone sound cheap and cheesy. I cant stand it. The thing that concerns me is that it went away for some time today. I just got the phone, so obviously I havent had much time to experiment with this issue but it happens as soon as I open up the snapchat app. Also when I toggle back and forth from front to back cameras in the general camera app. Samsung...do you have any input on this issue? I am going to AT&T tomorrow to see if the display models have the same sound.
userHqg12w0idH
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION
This happens with our demo devices and also mine. It is annoying but I guess it's something I am going to have to get used to.
TrustSerenity
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I hear the noise when I'm switching from the back to the front camera. It's not loud and I only hear it when I'm listening for it.