cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userxMp5qdnjJZ
Constellation

camera lens click noise

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Hello, I just received my galaxy s10 plus today and whenever i want open an app like camera, snapchat, instagram story and also face ID i hear like a clicking noise like a mechanic noise that i really dont like. It even happens when I switch from the front to the rear camera or when I change between the different modes. I don't know if it's a problem that comes from my phone or if it's normal. Please help me.
1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Samsung Care Ambassador

Re: camera lens click noise

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userxMp5qdnjJZ  this sound is normal. It's likely the aperature of the adjustable lens adjusting for the current light in the shot. 

32 REPLIES 32
Samsung Care Ambassador

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userxMp5qdnjJZ  this sound is normal. It's likely the aperature of the adjustable lens adjusting for the current light in the shot. 

userctDeV2SKft
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION
It is very loud, I still have my S8+ and it does no such thing.
Samsung Care Ambassador

JUMP TO SOLUTION
The S8+ doesn't have a dual aperature camera, so it wouldn't make the sound... It is normal for the camera to make a clicking noise. It is the aperature of the lens adjusting. No need to worry.
userLE7Jo9Sh6A
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I hear the noise from the face unlock feature too. Does the front facing camera also have a mechanism adjusting too?

Ana-haditahh
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Do you know if galaxy a50 works like that too? I hear that noise as well...

userLE7Jo9Sh6A
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I hear the noise from the face unlock feature too. Does the front facing camera also have a mechanism adjusting too? I do not see the any movement from the front camera.

userctDeV2SKft
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION
I am having the exact same issue with the s10+ maybe I'm really particular but it makes the phone sound cheap and cheesy. I cant stand it. The thing that concerns me is that it went away for some time today. I just got the phone, so obviously I havent had much time to experiment with this issue but it happens as soon as I open up the snapchat app. Also when I toggle back and forth from front to back cameras in the general camera app. Samsung...do you have any input on this issue? I am going to AT&T tomorrow to see if the display models have the same sound.
userHqg12w0idH
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION
This happens with our demo devices and also mine. It is annoying but I guess it's something I am going to have to get used to.
TrustSerenity
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I hear the noise when I'm switching from the back to the front camera. It's not loud and I only hear it when I'm listening for it.