JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

camera lens click noise

(Topic created on: 3/8/19 1:03 PM)
userxMp5qdnjJZ
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S10
Hello, I just received my galaxy s10 plus today and whenever i want open an app like camera, snapchat, instagram story and also face ID i hear like a clicking noise like a mechanic noise that i really dont like. It even happens when I switch from the front to the rear camera or when I change between the different modes. I don't know if it's a problem that comes from my phone or if it's normal. Please help me.
JUMP TO SOLUTION
46 Replies
userefEKFcabAT
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S10

That's normal mine does it as well and so does my Note 10 plus and my wife's note 10 plus.. I dunno what version S10 plus you have but I have a unlocked At&t S10 plus and unlocked Note 10 plus also from At&t... they all click I'm pretty sure it's the dual aperture in cameras.. remember these cams in these phones from the S9 series to the S20 series including our S10 +s and Note 10 plus ect have some amazing powerful mobile camera tech.. plus the software ect and apps like the cam n Facebook snapchat Instagram ect normally all use the cam for selfies n pics ect and I'm pretty sure it's the phones logic board n software basically telling the cams to be ready incase you hit the cam button so it opens fast n is in focus for your pic.. and all usa S10e S10 n S10 + and all Note 10 n 10 + phones that are bought in the usa Canada China all use snapdragon 855 Soc chips and Korea n European have the exynos chips and both systems have that click lol

0 Likes
userr4BR7yufVM
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S10

Same to My Samsung A50 but i useally ignore it

Nemo4uall
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S10

This is normal for S10 family of phones. I have confirmed with Samsung senior development team.

0 Likes
userJSpBdlVijh
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S10

It may be normal when the camera is in use, but mine does it when i make a phone call.  I honestly dont feel comfortable that my camera is randomly activated and potentially taking pictures without my knowledge.

Samsung_6aE1ZLb
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S10

Did you goto sound settings? It might just be a matter of checking or changing you sound settings

0 Likes
ALSUNIDAR
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S10
It happen to my note 20 ultra clicking sound while my phone is off like the camera is activating but I am. Not using it. It is very annoying I hope Samsung can replay to this matter.
0 Likes
0Vivien0
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S10
I have a Samsung A71 5g, and yeah I also hear those lenses open and close.its pretty cool tho.
0 Likes