cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
WTDuck
Asteroid

Re: camera lens click noise

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Yeah same here. I have an s10 and I heard the click and was just making sure it was normal. It actually sounds cool in my opinion and I can only hear it when it's quiet and I'm prepared for it.

@TrustSerenity wrote:

I hear the noise when I'm switching from the back to the front camera. It's not loud and I only hear it when I'm listening for it. 

userG75AIoZjus
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My new S10+ does it too.  I thought maybe it was a defect but glad to know its normal. 

user6uyfm3xHD6
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Yeah my S10 also makes such mechanical sound and has anyone observed a small blink near the front camera when you are calling someone?

@userxMp5qdnjJZ wrote:
Hello, I just received my galaxy s10 plus today and whenever i want open an app like camera, snapchat, instagram story and also face ID i hear like a clicking noise like a mechanic noise that i really dont like. It even happens when I switch from the front to the rear camera or when I change between the different modes. I don't know if it's a problem that comes from my phone or if it's normal. Please help me.

Samsung Care Ambassador

JUMP TO SOLUTION

A small blink near the front camera is the proximity sensor working. I actually think it's kind of cool. 

If my post answered your question, please be sure to accept it as solution so other users can find answers quicker. And give it a Like. Thanks

Geno71-Ambassador-Signature2-1
userx2NE0FYEuS
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

It's more of an electronic zap noise that is audible when the screen first turns on, I don't think it's associated with the camera.

userselrNe1L33
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Same happens to me everytime with every app thats use camera and i really hate the sound

@userxMp5qdnjJZ wrote:
Hello, I just received my galaxy s10 plus today and whenever i want open an app like camera, snapchat, instagram story and also face ID i hear like a clicking noise like a mechanic noise that i really dont like. It even happens when I switch from the front to the rear camera or when I change between the different modes. I don't know if it's a problem that comes from my phone or if it's normal. Please help me.

userh9PQHPVwxK
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have same problem but when i shake my phone that clicking sound appears by shaking phone does everyone have this prob 

Samsung Care Ambassador

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userh9PQHPVwxK this is 100% normal and not a problem. 🙂

usera4q11t21Td
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I too am having the same problem in my S10+ so please let me know if you find anything more or a solution. 

Samsung Care Ambassador

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userxMp5qdnjJZ This is normal. The back camera has  1.5 and 2.4 aperture built in to one of those camera and this lens has a mechanism that will open and close constantly depends on the environment lightning. There are also OIS in these lenses so it is normal to make noises.

═════════════════════════════════════
If you post new question please specify your Phone model and Carrier.
If you like my comment please hit ♥
if I answer your question please hit the 'accept as solution' button