JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

camera shutter sound has changed and there is no option to turn it off or change it

(Topic created: 09-14-2020 06:34 AM)
userqYdVKBNvPh
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Just noticed that when taking a picture you no longer get the shutter sound but a beep and there is now no option to change this that I can see

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
LongHiker
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S Phones

It typically beeps when you start/stop a video. Are you certain that you are not in video mode?

Have you tried Camera -> Settings -> Reset settings? 

View solution in context

8 Replies
Solution
LongHiker
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S Phones

It typically beeps when you start/stop a video. Are you certain that you are not in video mode?

Have you tried Camera -> Settings -> Reset settings? 

userqYdVKBNvPh
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

it was definatley not in video but for some reason the reset has got it back. Cheers

BLM41091
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I found out what's actually causing it. The shutter sound changes when turning motion photo off and on, the option on my phone (note 10+) is 2nd to last at the top.20201014_090747.jpg

userzBDKWGmiSm
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Boy, you don't know how much this issue was bothering me when the same thing happened on my phone!  I thought it was just due to an update as well, and thought I just had to live with the change of tone when I take photos, but sure enough I must have accidentally pushed the Motion Photo button on -- now back to normal with a nice camera shutter clicking sound again.  Thanks for sharing this information!  🙂

CymMitchCymsColors
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones
thank you! but now Samsung should fix it so those of us who love tbe motion photos can not be annoyed by the stupid ding!
userH6Nx56mfmN
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Agreed!! I had figured out that resetting my settings fixed the shutter sound. After a couple weeks, I noticed that my motion pictures were off. I turned them back on and now I get the stupid beep again. I HATE it! I want motion pictures AND the shutter sound! Has anyone found a way to change the default sound for motion pictures? 

userSUrLbiqZ7D
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Excellent advice and easy to follow your screenshot, thank you much. Was going to reset settings but concerned what I might be resetting.

CymMitchCymsColors
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones
same, and resetting the settings only fixed it a minute