cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Astronaut

com.android.phone keeps stopping

For those of you that have been facing a problem during the last 2 weeks with the error:

a new cell phone software update was launch by T-Mobile between October 21 at 8:00pm and October 22 at 4:00am to fix this problem. I was able to make the download and install it today (October 22 at 4:00am).

Apparently this error only affects Samsung Galaxy phones, mainly the models S10, Note 10, S20 and Note 20 and their variants (regular model, +, 5G, unlocked and others).

To read more information about this problem, go to:

At Samsung Community:

At T-Mobile:
S20 5G errors and no service after OTA update this weekend:
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Constellation

Re: com.android.phone keeps stopping

Do you know if the update can be manually triggered by t-mobile? I got my phone through samsung directly (note 20 ultra) and have tmobile. Not showing the update yet.

Highlighted
Astronaut

Re: com.android.phone keeps stopping

I apologize for my english, is not my specialty. I have 2 Samsung Galaxy S10 in my account that were affected by this error (com.android.phone keeps stopping) and I was able to download and install the update in both my phones.

Recommendations, make sure:
1) keep the phone working in Safe Mode

(Restart in Safe Mode:

• Press and hold the Power button until the 'Power off' prompt appears on the screen then release.
• Touch and hold Power off until the 'Safe mode' prompt appears then release.
• To confirm, tap Safe mode.
• The process may take up to 30 seconds to complete.
• Upon reboot, 'Safe mode' appears in the lower-left of the unlock / Home screen.
• With Safe Mode enabled, from a Home screen, swipe up or down from the center of the display to access the apps screen.

(These instructions only apply to Standard mode and the default Home screen layout.)

• Navigate: Settings, Connections, Airplane mode.
• Tap the Airplane mode switch to turn off.)

2) check manually every once in a while for the new update is available in: Settings, Software update, Download and install.

Remember I'm giving you the steps I used on my S10. The steps for your phone may be different depending on the software version of your phone and depending on your phone model.

Good luck!