cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Constellation

exynos processors issue with 3rd party applications

Greetings... 
I'm writing this report regarding an issues with most samsung exynos processors mine is the galaxy s10e as well as many of our group followers who reported the same issue, that is related to a limitation preventing the use of large number of tone mapcurve points, as in camera2 info 128 points declared, the problem is when using 128, white(255,255,255) becomes gray (64,64,64) (pictures attached as a reference) as shownin the pictures clipped white becomes grey when using 128 as it's not a problem for other devices using 16, 32, 64, and 128 points, white is always white! letting exynos user having only 32 working points on their phones, which gives a big hit on image quality.  knowing that snapdragon users have access to a much more. Please identify this issue and provide us a solution for this problem in the near future as Samsung always listen to its customers.
Regards128 points128 points

32 points white are white when point #32 is on top and have value 132 points white are white when point #32 is on top and have value 1

9 REPLIES 9
Astronaut

Re: exynos processors issue with 3rd party applications

This fix is a must!!!!

Astronaut

This issue need  to be fix because its making samsung exynos variant  lacking behind snapdragon variants or other snapdragon phone from different manufacturers.

Exynos is samsung processor don't make it look like a laughing stock 

@

Astronaut

128 points128 points32 points32 points

Small number of points create problem like postarization. Look at histogram, where is the sky.

Astronaut

Is unfair having such a great camera hardware, only available 32 tonemap points for 3rd party apps, we need more dynamic range!!

Constellation

I wanted to buy a samsung device specially for video, but now i cannot until this issue is fix! pls do it asap! thank you

Constellation

Users in Brazil have reported the same problem. This is an unbearable problem

Constellation

S20 same problem.

I support it, it needs to be fixed!

Astronaut

S7 and S20 Exynos same problem. While snapdragon varient has 256 points, exynos only have 32. Globly all users get Exynos and they are stuck with these problems. Listen to your customers and fix these problems!!!

Constellation

I hope Samsung will be fix this problem. Not only for S10 series also S20 series,.