cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Astronaut

fragile screen

So, I bent over next to my bedframe to pick something up and my s10 (with a case on it) fell out of my sweatshirt pocket. Now, since this is a fairly new model I would expect nothing to have happened to it, given that the case was on it. But sadly, that is not the reality I am facing. The screen cracked on the left side towards the middle. Not a small crack either, like it was deep enough to make some of the upper half not work properly and the bottom half is spazzing out. Makes it very hard to text people or watch hulu/netflix. It whites out the bottom half when I try to watch anything. Kinda expected it to handle a 1.5 foot fall even face down. Why are the older models so much more durable?? I had an S3 model for the longest time and it never had a crack, and it survived being outside in the snow below -50 degrees. We need that kind of quality again Smiley Sad

3 REPLIES 3
Samsung Care Ambassador

Re: fragile screen

The S3 had a huge bezel around the screen for protection. The S3 had a much smaller screen so much less likely that it would be impacted directly in a drop. 

Highlighted
Product Expert

Hello,

if you take your Samsung phone to any Samsung Care Authorized repair centre (UBREAKIFIX and Samsung Experience Stores) to get repaired, you are guaranteed an complete and thorough quality check. They only use original parts, have original manufacturer warranty extensions on the repairs, and make sure the phone is in as-new condition before it leaves the repair facility. 

They check water resistance, sensors, touch calibration, basically anything that is necessary on modern phones. If you get your phone repaired at an Samsung authorized facility, rest assured you will be taken care of quite well. 

To find a Samsung Care authorized facility near you:

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/service/

Highlighted
Product Expert

@novanger, Id love to answer that question for you. So alot of people use their device as the main source to work, stream, and game. Because of this alot of customers requested larger screens. So we made the bezels smaller and basically noexistent on some models to satisfy that need for more screen. That leads us into how are we supposed to protect an all glass screen device? Always be sure to get the proper case. Even if you have a case on your device theres no guarantee that its properly protecting your device. I always recommend a case with a raised bezel to protect the edges of the device even if the device falls flat or on the edges. 

My favorite type of case is Tech21. The material absorbs impact and it also has a raised bezel. Also some Otter box cases offer a raised bezel. Also place a tempered glass screen protector on the screen not a plastic protector (plastic only protects against smudges and scratches not cracks). 

Hope this was helpful!
Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you