cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

galaxy S10e overheating after software update

Hello,

My galaxy s10e was a very stable and cool device. After the latest android software update, it starts to get hot very very quickly. Some examples:

-charging [ I am using the original charger and the cable. It does not matter if its fast charging or normal charging. After couple of minutes I can not hold the phone. Of course, it was heating normally during fast charging, but not at this rate!

-normal phone usage [ video calls, internet surfing, anything that lasts more than 15-20 minutes makes it very hot. Heat comes from left side and then it spreads.

-performance apps [ like games. It was again hot during high performance gaming, I know that. However, the current rate is new and surprizing.]

What I did so far:

I did not changed any settings

I performed cache clean

I did boot the device

I unistall the lastly updated/installed apps

I reset the device settings and app preferences

Nothing changed. It still gets warm quickly. Literally, I am not allowed to use the phone, even phone calls make it hot, I could not hold the phone near my ears.

Overall, my phone is nearly useless to me now. It was almost a perfect phone. From time to time, it was getting hot, but that was "normal hot". This is not normal.

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: galaxy S10e overheating after software update

Thank you for reaching out. I would recommend wiping the cache partition on your device. The system cache partition stores temporary system data. It's supposed to allow the system to access apps more quickly and efficiently, but sometimes things get cluttered and outdated, so a periodic cache clearing can help make the system run more smoothly. Give these steps a try: 

1. •    Turn off the device.
  2. •    Press and hold the Volume Up key and the Bixby key, then press and hold the Power key.
  3. •    When the Android logo displays, release all three keys.
  4. •    An 'Installing system update' message will show for 30 - 60 seconds before the Android system recovery menu options appear.
  5. •    Press the Volume down key several times to highlight wipe cache partition.
  6. •    Press Power key to select.
  7. •    Press the Volume down key to highlight yes, them and press the Power key to select.
  8. •    When the wipe cache partition is complete, Reboot system now is highlighted.
  9. •    Press the Power key to restart the device.

If you continue to experience these symptoms, I would recommend factory resetting your device. Important: Please save any information you need prior to the factory reset because otherwise your personal information may not be recovered. If you have encrypted the microSD card, you must decrypt it before resetting the phone. Otherwise, your phone will not be able to read the data on the card. From Settings, search for and select Decrypt SD card, and then follow the on-screen prompts.

Before you perform a factory reset, be sure to back up your personal data, so you don't lose it all. Give this link a try: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00062029/

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Constellation

Clearly, you did not read the message carefully.

The only thing I have not tried was factory reset. I have already done the cache clean in boot menu.

After your "automatic response" , I also tried factory reset. I spent hours of my time to restore the things I back-up. Result: NOTHING CHANGED. The device gets hot very quickly during charging, gaming and ONLY 10 MINUTES OF VIDEO CALL

You are not helping with your copy paste responses. I clearly stated that I have tried many thing before I posted here.

Do you have any other suggestion?

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

A factory reset would be the final step in troubleshooting. If the phone continues overheating after the reset, it will need to be evaluated by a certified technician. https://www.ubreakifix.com/samsung

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Constellation

Yes, it's absolutely right. a factory rest is the best idea but you can also update your smart phone with using scatter file or flash tool / firmwares like same as flash files. it's just very easy and super idea from factory reset. You can please try it and also for more best suggestion and idea to must reply here... Thanks

Highlighted
Galaxy

Re: Re: galaxy S10e overheating after software update

@SamsungAdam There really needs to be a way to downgrade an update, if at all necessary.

I just moved migrated from an S7 to an #S10e on QP1A.190711.020.G970USQS3CTB6

Within the hour, I got 2 updates, and now I'm at QP1A.190711.020.G970USQS3DTD5

I did notice the S10e phone heat up quite a bit on the charger, but the phone was under a lot of stress/work with the Samsung #SmartSwitch (great app, btw), initial setup, etc..

I'll be keeping an eye on heating issues.