cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Julian M
Constellation

Re: is no one else having call / audio quality issues with the Galaxy S10 in speaker and regular mod

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Ahhhh...

I have an unlocked Note 9 on AT&T! I always wondered why both sending and receiving voice quality was so bad. No one understands what I say on speakerphone, and the audio quality is much poorer when compared to my LG K20. Since I switched when I got this phone, I thought that it was just AT&T, but it seems that is not the case. I am also thinking of getting the Galaxy Buds, but I reckon everything will sounds!

I should have sent the unlocked phone back and replaced it with the AT&T one...

uservSn4S1Dhe5
Constellation

Re: is no one else having call / audio quality issues with the Galaxy S10 in speaker and regular mod

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I had the same issue on two phones, Galaxy s10 and s10e. I am on verizon and fixed by turning off volte. Go to settings,  then connections, mobile networks, and deselect volte

View solution in original post

Highlighted
userjOA65sHTGd
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@uservSn4S1Dhe5 wrote:

I had the same issue on two phones, Galaxy s10 and s10e. I am on verizon and fixed by turning off volte. Go to settings,  then connections, mobile networks, and deselect volte

This Actually Works!

I was giving up hope reading about everyone who has had this problem with the sound level. I love the phone and didn't want to give it up, but the sound level issue made it impossible to make calls and hear properly. When I came across this post I thought: 'I've got nothing to lose, give it a try', and I am a technophobe, I wouldn't have tried it if it looked like something that could harm my phone. I followed the instructions and simply deselected Volte, then I got a friend to call me and I was amazed. It was loud and crystal clear, I couldn't believe it and it has not otherwise affected my phone. I now have to go to my settings - which had sounds all up at full volume when I couldn't hear calls - and turn the volume down now. It is so loud and crystal clear. Please try this, you have nothing to lose, and I can vouch for the fact that it worked on my sim free Samsung Galaxy S10 5g. Brilliant! Now I love every aspect of my phone. 

Thanks @uservSn4S1Dhe5

userpWV5T1QttZ
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have had this speaker problem on two phones.  However, when I follow your directions I don't see anything called "volte" under Mobile Networks.  

SM-G973U

userKZEjQGHN1S
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I'm on my second s10 plus from AT&T and I am still having sound issues.....

userdyn8VAClkZ
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My wife and I received our phones at the same time. 2 S10E and hers has the problem and mine doesn't (receiving end of audio sounds like you're in a tin can).

We don't have unlocked phones and we're with Sprint. Might just be a manufacturing issue rather than an unlocking one.

useruJRaJ9HwRF
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

When using the speaker the person on the other end is contantly saying "what" "huh" "i cant hear you". What happen to the increase sound botton like the s8? Its best to use an headset when needing to be hands free. Good phone until you have to use it for what its actually for.......to talk. 

Also when using the tap twice mode to open the phone you have to practically knock on it to wake the phone up. 

I really loved my S8. This phone not so much. 

Feeling regretful

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@useruJRaJ9HwRF What happens when you put your phone in safe mode?

userH1inEFM60w
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I tried mine in safe mode (tested while trouble shooting with ATT) and the issue still persisted with my white unlocked phone.   That told them that it wasn't any of my apps that were causing the problem.  I will agree with the person who regrets leaving their S8, the S8 call quality was superior to the S10.  Better speakers and higher quality microphone in the S8.  

userZnq28bAriA
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Unfortunately, even note 3 voice is still crisp and clear as compared to the latest s10 plus