cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Re: is no one else having call / audio quality issues with the Galaxy S10 in speaker and regular mod

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My wife and myself just bought 2 new s10plus phones and and we both have the same issue.  

Vodafone in Australia has no voLTE option. 

Solution please.

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: is no one else having call / audio quality issues with the Galaxy S10 in speaker and regular mod

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This is a U.S. based forum and to get this issue resolved you will have to go to the region of origin of where the device was purchased. Here's a link to get to the correct forum. http://www.samsung.com/visitcountry

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have a note 10+ with the same issue on Vodafone Australia also. I submitted a report / complaint to Samsung but they couldn't even understand the issue with answers referring to the other person and assuming it was my sound that was affected.

SAMSUNG pay attention.

My phone has a Telstra sim also so it is not network based. The person being called from the affected device gets distorted/ broken (missing) audio AND feedback /echo of THEIR voice. (this is akin to sidetone in radio comms.) The audio at my end is fine. Volte is about better quality audio in calls and apparently you have messed that up also. I also read that (on the note 10+ at least) that dual mic's are used to "enhance" call audio (similar to volte) and it would appear that this is also a failure. Volte is not a setting on Australian devices so the COMMON problem is the handling of this audio enhancement most likely in the audio stages. Is it inductive coupling of speaker output to one of the mic paths ? Is it time differences in propogation of the audio and electronic signals not handled properly? Is it firmware or hardware related or both? Don't know and it is just speculation on some things which could cause an issue like this.

What I do know is this is a problem and using a cop out of this is an US based forum is just that a cop out. I reported this to Samsung Australia and I pointed them at this forum and thread and they said that this indicated the issue had been reported and is under investigation. The inference here is that the US is looking at it we don't need to look at it and you are saying not in the US, "tell someone who cares" but apparently they don't.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello @SamsungQue,

you should know that my phone was bought in the US, and it's problems are related to this forum.

you would be better to search and offer a solution rather than avoiding answering because of locations... that's not correct from a global company like Samsung.

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

there's no solution on the s9 or s10 thread, why recommend going elsewhere for no fix? only time ive seen a samsung reply on over 2 years of issues is to redirect non USA users.

Highlighted
Astronaut

Re: is no one else having call / audio quality issues with the Galaxy S10 in s..

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Nope

Highlighted
Astronaut

Re: is no one else having call / audio quality issues with the Galaxy S10 in s..

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Yes even at max volume it's very low

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION
I have a S10 + (plus) purchased within the last 3 months and the voice quality has been HORRIBLE when I speak to others. Others sounds fine to me, but my sound quality is awful to them, especially when I talk on speaker. It's ridiculous. My friend and I just discovered that if I remove my cell phone case/cover, it makes all the difference. The phone speaker must reflect off the case and make me sound muffled with bad feedback for the other person. I need a case to protect my phone, but jeez it's caused the bulk of my sound issue when I place others on speaker.
Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I recently bought Samsung Note10+ because I need to use it for my overseas business connection but unfortunately all the people complained for the voice quality and that they can not hear me well. I bought this device specially for my business and I can not use it to my ease. What is the solution on this issue now?

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Do you experience this symptom if you test your device in safe mode? 

Give this link a try to test your device in safe mode: 

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00062983/