cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userH1inEFM60w
Asteroid

is no one else having call / audio quality issues with the Galaxy S10 in speaker and regular mode?

I think the Samsung Galaxy S10 is a great computer, smart device, and camera, but horrible phone.  Is no one concerned about audio quality of phone calls?  The phone and speaker phone quality are horrible.  Talk to someone using the speaker phone and the S10 owner sounds muffled and distant.  Talk to someone while holding the phone, next to your ear, and if the other person is wearing a headset with background noise (like a call center), you get feedback in your ear everytime you talk to the person on the other end.  I thought I was buying a cellphone but it is more of a media device and i would have to purchase a blutooth to make this phone usable as it is my business phone.  

Also the S10 has a super small hearing radius.  If you wear glasses, there is no ideal spot for you to place the phone where you can hear properly.  You have to place the phone in the correct position for anyone to hear what the person on the other end is saying.  Unlike my S8, the audio speakers are harsh, too focused, and the microphone is a significant step down.  Is this the trade off for making the speakers stereo?  If you can correct this with software please do within a couple days as I will return this one in 3 days.

As much as I love all the other features, the Galaxy S10 is going to be returned because it can't be used as a cell phone.  I even took it to Best Buy and they opened a new S10 from a different batch and it had the exact same issues.  Called Samsung and they had no solution except to take it to UBREAKIFIX and they were going to open my 3 day old phone.  NO THANKS.  I will trade the superior battery life, 8 GB of Ram, 128 GB of storage that is expandable, Android Pie, great camera, larger screen, and all the other improvements for a phone that I can use as a phone.  

This phone is amazing in almost every other way, but if you went cheap on the microphone and speakers, you missed a near perfect smartphone!!!

79 REPLIES 79
userAO28Dx63ji
Constellation

Re: is no one else having call / audio quality issues with the Galaxy S10 in speaker and regular mod

I'm having the same issue with my S10. Getting feedback every time I talk on the phone. There is a noise that occurs every time they stop saying a word. It's really obnoxious and frustrating. I haven't tried talking on speaker yet. For the cost of these phones they should have a better phone quality.
Highlighted
userDwGtTYMTuC
Constellation

Re: is no one else having call / audio quality issues with the Galaxy S10 in speaker and regular mod

Having the same issue with internet calling. Voice quality is so bad compared to my iPhone. Disappointing experience switching from iOS to android. With the price tag you would expect extraordinary quality and it's not there. 

Samsung Care Ambassador

No issues with voice quality here. Crystal clear in all modes 

If you've found my post to be helpful, please like the post. If my response resolved your issue, please press the "✓ Accept as Solution" button.

Best regards,
ChazzyJ
Samsung Care Ambassador
userH1inEFM60w
Asteroid

For the person not having the issue...who is your service provider and are you able to listen to the call quality on the other end of the phone when you are in speaker mode? I am having horrible phone quality with my unlocked s10 and AT&T as my carrier. No problems at all with my s8 or families iPhones but my s10 is garbage. Only quality audio is using the phone in phone mode but then I get sporadic feedback when other person has background noise. I hope the didnt put cheap microphones and speakers in the s10.
userL1xQ6nz9nY
Constellation

My new S10+ has problems with sound on speaker phone. Incoming call person's voice seems to move off to the right of my phone at times.  Strange.  Is this typical?

user9N6v4wQ8Fm
Constellation

Yes!!! I traded in my S9 plus for S10 and the sound quality is horrible! My husband got the S10e and his is the same as well. We got a two fer deal with With Sprint where you get one phone free if you add a line so exchanging it will be a hassle because neither of us want to put up with the horrible sound quality. I love every other thing about this phone but the sound quality is so horrible that everyone I talk to is complaining about it. Why did they do this?? Samsung why??? This is a cell phone, we have to be able to talk on it. It doesn't matter if it is on speaker on off speaker it is just crappy. The S9plus was crystal clear, full bodied sound and you felt like the person you were talking to was in the next room, the S10 and S10 e sounds like the person is in another country in a tin box!! This is so aggravating. Why put together such an amazing phone only to let it roll out with such horrible sound quality.
userLdMoWuu7qN
Constellation

Yes, it's the same problem on my new S10 too. Taking a call through speaker is nearly impossible to hear. Not only is the volume lower than my iPhone, but it sounds foggy & muffled. Is there any fix for this? Even off of speaker is difficult to hear

userH1inEFM60w
Asteroid

Okay I took back my white unlocked S10 due to the issues highlighted above.  Best Buy acknowledged the problem and allowed me to exchange for a black ATT S10.  Looks like the new AT&T phone doesn't have the same voice call quality issues.  Must be an issue with the unlocked version and AT&T Sim Card. Call and speaker call quality definitely improved on the ATT version.  Heads up to all that bought an unlocked S10 and have ATT as their service provider.  Wish I still had the white version as that ghost blue back is fire, but I will setttle for a phone that works in all areas.   Hope this dialog helps others.

Julian M
Constellation

Ahhhh...

I have an unlocked Note 9 on AT&T! I always wondered why both sending and receiving voice quality was so bad. No one understands what I say on speakerphone, and the audio quality is much poorer when compared to my LG K20. Since I switched when I got this phone, I thought that it was just AT&T, but it seems that is not the case. I am also thinking of getting the Galaxy Buds, but I reckon everything will sounds!

I should have sent the unlocked phone back and replaced it with the AT&T one...