cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Steven84War
Constellation

Re: is no one else having call / audio quality issues with the Galaxy S10 in speaker and regular mod

My wife and i have s9+ and have same issues. brand new

userSLYBxJhPtI
Constellation

Re: is no one else having call / audio quality issues with the Galaxy S10 in speaker and regular mod

Yes! When I switch to speaker phone durring a call the person I am speaking to says they can not hear me. I've tried to restart phone and can not get the issue to clear up. Looks like this is a speaker quality issue. What a bummer this is for a top of the line phone.  

userlwYyQXWGm2
Astronaut

I had very similiar issues using call and the Eco, try several options but at the end the solution was provied in YouTube "How to fix Galaxy S10 micro (echo) Easy Fix" I follow each recomendation and fixed!!

@userH1inEFM60w wrote:

I think the Samsung Galaxy S10 is a great computer, smart device, and camera, but horrible phone.  Is no one concerned about audio quality of phone calls?  The phone and speaker phone quality are horrible.  Talk to someone using the speaker phone and the S10 owner sounds muffled and distant.  Talk to someone while holding the phone, next to your ear, and if the other person is wearing a headset with background noise (like a call center), you get feedback in your ear everytime you talk to the person on the other end.  I thought I was buying a cellphone but it is more of a media device and i would have to purchase a blutooth to make this phone usable as it is my business phone.  

Also the S10 has a super small hearing radius.  If you wear glasses, there is no ideal spot for you to place the phone where you can hear properly.  You have to place the phone in the correct position for anyone to hear what the person on the other end is saying.  Unlike my S8, the audio speakers are harsh, too focused, and the microphone is a significant step down.  Is this the trade off for making the speakers stereo?  If you can correct this with software please do within a couple days as I will return this one in 3 days.

As much as I love all the other features, the Galaxy S10 is going to be returned because it can't be used as a cell phone.  I even took it to Best Buy and they opened a new S10 from a different batch and it had the exact same issues.  Called Samsung and they had no solution except to take it to UBREAKIFIX and they were going to open my 3 day old phone.  NO THANKS.  I will trade the superior battery life, 8 GB of Ram, 128 GB of storage that is expandable, Android Pie, great camera, larger screen, and all the other improvements for a phone that I can use as a phone.  

This phone is amazing in almost every other way, but if you went cheap on the microphone and speakers, you missed a near perfect smartphone!!!

userSdcqsBqQu2
Astronaut

SOMEONE FIX THE MIC!!!!

For whatever app I use, Phone call, WhatsApp, Telegram etc. The person on the other side cannot hear me clearly. I have to be speaking directly towards the mic (literally take the phone away from my face and speak directly to the mic). Otherwise, the volume on the receiver side would be very low. This happens every time I call, so the problem is definitely not on the receiver side. Also, that means I cannot do video conferencing because when I face the camera, the audio volume is too low on the other side.

Another problem arises when I change to speaker mode, the echo is noticeable. 

I cannot believe a flagship phone would not be able to make a phone call properly. I can only make phone calls when I use earphone/ headphones with built mic. This is unacceptable. Please FIX this.

usery834qllDqZ
Astronaut

I got my family the S10 and when you're on a call, the audio comes out of the speaker on the back of the phone. My ear speaker works great and I have the white one while my daughter has the black one. She tried Samsung Costumer Service and Factory Reset her phone and it still didn't work. It's a great phone other than that and we don't know how to fix it.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

@usery834qllDqZ Does this issue still happen when your phone is in safe mode?

userSdXOGgaPUD
Constellation

I have been having problems with my Galaxy S10e microphone on calls for a while now. Others have been complaining to me that my voice is barely audible, fading in and out, etc. I am pretty sure it is a microphone issue because when I make calls with my Airpods (via bluetooth), others can hear me much more clearly. 

I will be taking my Galaxy S10e in for "repair" soon, hopefully they can replace the microphone or give me a new phone that can make calls smh.