cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
uservSn4S1Dhe5
Constellation

Re: is no one else having call / audio quality issues with the Galaxy S10 in speaker and regular mod

I had the same issue on two phones, Galaxy s10 and s10e. I am on verizon and fixed by turning off volte. Go to settings,  then connections, mobile networks, and deselect volte

userKZEjQGHN1S
Constellation

Re: is no one else having call / audio quality issues with the Galaxy S10 in speaker and regular mod

I'm on my second s10 plus from AT&T and I am still having sound issues.....

userdyn8VAClkZ
Constellation

My wife and I received our phones at the same time. 2 S10E and hers has the problem and mine doesn't (receiving end of audio sounds like you're in a tin can).

We don't have unlocked phones and we're with Sprint. Might just be a manufacturing issue rather than an unlocking one.

useruJRaJ9HwRF
Constellation

When using the speaker the person on the other end is contantly saying "what" "huh" "i cant hear you". What happen to the increase sound botton like the s8? Its best to use an headset when needing to be hands free. Good phone until you have to use it for what its actually for.......to talk. 

Also when using the tap twice mode to open the phone you have to practically knock on it to wake the phone up. 

I really loved my S8. This phone not so much. 

Feeling regretful

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

@useruJRaJ9HwRF What happens when you put your phone in safe mode?

userH1inEFM60w
Asteroid

I tried mine in safe mode (tested while trouble shooting with ATT) and the issue still persisted with my white unlocked phone.   That told them that it wasn't any of my apps that were causing the problem.  I will agree with the person who regrets leaving their S8, the S8 call quality was superior to the S10.  Better speakers and higher quality microphone in the S8.  

userZnq28bAriA
Constellation

Unfortunately, even note 3 voice is still crisp and clear as compared to the latest s10 plus 

useruJRaJ9HwRF
Constellation

Does safe mode affect call sound issues?

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

@useruJRaJ9HwRF Safe mode is a testing feature on your phone that disables all 3rd  party apps on your phone. This is where you test to see if the issues you were experiencing reappear in this mode. If it does then it's an issue with the phone. If not it usually means that it was an app causing the problem.

userYjQtDT5VFn
Constellation

Guys. Good luck. This is nothing new . My S9+ and my wife's s9 does the same poop . ITs a muffeled mess for the receiver when I talk to them on speaker. Samsung has not acknowledged this as a problem, and all it seems to be is how they program their noise canceling mic .This isn't a hardware problem it's pure software and they haven't fixed it . This was also an issue on the s8 and s7 phones, so don't count on a fix anytime soon.... Unless we can get media outlets to write stories about it Samsung isn't doing anything .. 

S9 thread

https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/Galaxy-S9/S9-and-S9-plus-speakerphone-issues/td-p/331085/page/11

S8

https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/Galaxy-S8/Samsung-Galaxy-S8-sound-muffled-when-turns-On-the-spea...