cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userYjQtDT5VFn
Constellation

Re: is no one else having call / audio quality issues with the Galaxy S10 in speaker and regular mod

I say if you want to get this fixed email places like Android central, Android police, the verge. Show them this is a consistent issue with multiple Samsung phones... Just Google muffeled speaker phone s8,9,10, and pray it catches on. Otherwise your stuck with bad speakerphone mic * only during cellphone calls <-- hence some kind of software problem*

user8UAcq6JtRY
Constellation

Re: is no one else having call / audio quality issues with the Galaxy S10 in speaker and regular mod

I am so disappointed by this, i had the same issue with S9 and Note 9, was really hoping the s10 would work on speakerphone mode but seems not, I'll perhaps wait for the note10 and hope that works, in the meantime I'll stick with the s7 until samsung can make a phone that works!

user9sZTgpOvva
Constellation

My s8+ is wonderful!  I really regret getting this s10+.  Expensive paperweight.

user8aNZfWAhDT
Constellation

Same here! I'm fixing to bring it back to best buy and see if they can do something about it 

userPgPm355hkE
Constellation

Same here, the call quality on my S8 was perfect, with S10 it is really poor, keeps disconnecting, sound isn't clear, etc. Also, above the battery indicator, a green small circle flashes when a call is in progress, anyone else getting that?

userZE0R6ZDhAu
Asteroid

go to phone click the menu.(three dots upper right) scroll to other settings. turn off voice privacy.

user9sZTgpOvva
Constellation

Instructions made no sense what so ever.

Dummy here, what menu? Where?  Settings? I have 10+.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

@user9sZTgpOvva Go to the Settings -> Connections ->  Mobile Networks -> Calls VoLTE SIM 1 (Change to OFF)

userZE0R6ZDhAu
Asteroid

go to phone click the menu.(three dots upper right) scroll to other settings. turn off voice privacy.

@userH1inEFM60w wrote:

I think the Samsung Galaxy S10 is a great computer, smart device, and camera, but horrible phone.  Is no one concerned about audio quality of phone calls?  The phone and speaker phone quality are horrible.  Talk to someone using the speaker phone and the S10 owner sounds muffled and distant.  Talk to someone while holding the phone, next to your ear, and if the other person is wearing a headset with background noise (like a call center), you get feedback in your ear everytime you talk to the person on the other end.  I thought I was buying a cellphone but it is more of a media device and i would have to purchase a blutooth to make this phone usable as it is my business phone.  

Also the S10 has a super small hearing radius.  If you wear glasses, there is no ideal spot for you to place the phone where you can hear properly.  You have to place the phone in the correct position for anyone to hear what the person on the other end is saying.  Unlike my S8, the audio speakers are harsh, too focused, and the microphone is a significant step down.  Is this the trade off for making the speakers stereo?  If you can correct this with software please do within a couple days as I will return this one in 3 days.

As much as I love all the other features, the Galaxy S10 is going to be returned because it can't be used as a cell phone.  I even took it to Best Buy and they opened a new S10 from a different batch and it had the exact same issues.  Called Samsung and they had no solution except to take it to UBREAKIFIX and they were going to open my 3 day old phone.  NO THANKS.  I will trade the superior battery life, 8 GB of Ram, 128 GB of storage that is expandable, Android Pie, great camera, larger screen, and all the other improvements for a phone that I can use as a phone.  

This phone is amazing in almost every other way, but if you went cheap on the microphone and speakers, you missed a near perfect smartphone!!!

userZE0R6ZDhAu
Asteroid

@userH1inEFM60w wrote:

I think the Samsung Galaxy S10 is a great computer, smart device, and camera, but horrible phone.  Is no one concerned about audio quality of phone calls?  The phone and speaker phone quality are horrible.  Talk to someone using the speaker phone and the S10 owner sounds muffled and distant.  Talk to someone while holding the phone, next to your ear, and if the other person is wearing a headset with background noise (like a call center), you get feedback in your ear everytime you talk to the person on the other end.  I thought I was buying a cellphone but it is more of a media device and i would have to purchase a blutooth to make this phone usable as it is my business phone.  

Also the S10 has a super small hearing radius.  If you wear glasses, there is no ideal spot for you to place the phone where you can hear properly.  You have to place the phone in the correct position for anyone to hear what the person on the other end is saying.  Unlike my S8, the audio speakers are harsh, too focused, and the microphone is a significant step down.  Is this the trade off for making the speakers stereo?  If you can correct this with software please do within a couple days as I will return this one in 3 days.

As much as I love all the other features, the Galaxy S10 is going to be returned because it can't be used as a cell phone.  I even took it to Best Buy and they opened a new S10 from a different batch and it had the exact same issues.  Called Samsung and they had no solution except to take it to UBREAKIFIX and they were going to open my 3 day old phone.  NO THANKS.  I will trade the superior battery life, 8 GB of Ram, 128 GB of storage that is expandable, Android Pie, great camera, larger screen, and all the other improvements for a phone that I can use as a phone.  

This phone is amazing in almost every other way, but if you went cheap on the microphone and speakers, you missed a near perfect smartphone!!!

@userH1inEFM60w wrote: