cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Samsung Care Ambassador

Re: is no one else having call / audio quality issues with the Galaxy S10 in speaker and regular mod

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have not personally experienced call or audio issues with my S10+. I do know however that audio can be a problem when using VoLTE or WiFi calling. These two features have been quite buggy for a long time. If you initiate a VoLTE call while driving and drop out of a LTE coverage zone, your call might drop or become completely inaudible. I find that it's best to leave VoLTE off (Settings > Connections > Voice Networks) and use WiFi calling sparingly, only if you know you're outside a coverage area and have no option other than to use WiFi for calls/text messaging.

If you've found my post to be helpful, please like the post. If my response helped resolve your issue, please press the "✓ Accept as Solution" button. Thanks!

uservWNAK3VA39
Constellation

Re: is no one else having call / audio quality issues with the Galaxy S10 in speaker and regular mod

JUMP TO SOLUTION

May it be an issue of settings or mobile network service? Because my s10e is just normal with call in speaker, sound/voice is clear and loud.

JUMP TO SOLUTION

The microphone for the speakerphone is defective or poor quality.  No one can hear me when I use the speakerphone which is a pretty important feature for a phone that is used for business purposes.  Really disappointing, because I traded in a Galaxy S8 with zero issues with audio quality.  Definitely not whay I would expect from a flagship phone.

userwMFXlSQRXz
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

People seem to put up with the poor sound quality of Samsung Phones. I had an s8+ and that was so bad I sent it back and after a long battle got a refund. The difference between the Samsung and my 5 year old phone was night and day. I kept using my old phone and because the battery was dying recently changed to Huawei P30 pro. I have found call quality excellent on this phone. I did not even consider Samsung after my past experience.

JUMP TO SOLUTION

For me, speaker phone isn't loud enough. Especially if there is any background noise at all. My s7 had a louder speaker phone. Also, on regular call, the screen doesn't stay darkened when I hold it to my ear. The sensor doesn't work well. I have to pull it away & put back to my ear multiple times in a call, so I'm not accidently pushing buttons with my face. 

userI96LBEFZ47
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I just got the galaxy s10 over the weekend and my phone speaker is HORRIBLE. 

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Issue I have the back panel glass vibrates when talking to someone.

Funny how all those YouTube videos never seem to mentions any issues. Fake reviews. Paid for by Samsung.

Samsung Care Ambassador

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I've had no issues with clarity of calls, whether on the mobile network or over WiFi, speaker, headphones, bluetooth headset, or earpiece built into the phone. Carrier: Sprint, S10+ model.

If you've found my post to be helpful, please like the post. If my response helped resolve your issue, please press the "✓ Accept as Solution" button. Thanks!

user48oFnpbVPD
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I had to chime in here. I upgraded from the S9 Plus and I gotta say I am incredibly disappointed. All audio is much, much worse on the S10 Plus.  No one can hear me talking if I don't practically have my mouth on the phone. People can hear themselves when using speaker.  The audio quaility of just playing music or watching a video is so much, much worse than the S9 Plus. They clearly did not advertise that "feature" to downgrade the audio from the previous phone. I might literally go back to the S9 Plus over this. TERRIBLE!  I want to be clear. I have always loved Samsung phones and I've upgraded and traded up every opportunity I've had, but this is just incredibly disappointing.  I hope that Samsung is listening and decides to take action because they're going to lose some customers.

Honored Contributor

My S10e seems pretty fine and loud when on a phone call....

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My S10e seems pretty fine and loud when on a phone call. Although I did flash it with t-mobile firmware, don't know if it would have issues with original unlocked firmware