cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userdTZ8iUbe4j
Constellation

latest software update renders Bank of the West app useless

Around Christmas I allowed my Samsung 10e to update and now my Bank of the West APP no long works.  BotW is telling me that it was the latest software update that this happened and they are waiting for a fix from Samsung.  I am currently running Android version 10 and can give you the other specifics if needed.  When does Samsung think this will be fixed as I can no longer deposit checks through the APP.

steve

10 REPLIES 10
Highlighted
Samsung Care Ambassador

Re: latest software update renders Bank of the West app useless

@userdTZ8iUbe4j are you saying that the fingerprint sensor is not working on Bank fo the west? you can redownload the app and try again.

userdTZ8iUbe4j
Constellation

I did reload the app but when I enter my user and passcode a window comes down saying "We are temporarily unable to connect to the mobile banking.  Please try again later." I can't even sign in to set up my finger print as it was working before Christmas but as I said BotW has stated they now know it was a software update around Christmas.

Samsung Care Ambassador

@userdTZ8iUbe4j  It looks like this is a banking issue

userdTZ8iUbe4j
Constellation

Not according to the bank.  They have been in touch with Samsung and been told this was an issue.  If it were a bank APP issue then is would not have worked for the past few years and stopped working when I downloaded the December software update.

Samsung Care Ambassador

@userdTZ8iUbe4j According to my knowledge Samsung is base on android system if it doesn't work on samsung it should not work with all android phone either. It seems to me the bank is having issues with their app for android devices which explains why the app gave you an error for not able to use mobile banking ( take note mobile banking and not samsung phone) or perhaps the reason is they temporarily block you to use mobile banking for security reason. 

userdTZ8iUbe4j
Constellation

While I appreciate your feedback, it is only not working on the Samsung Galaxy 10 series and not other Galaxy's.  It is specific to the 10 and 10e and I assure you I am not being blocked and have talked to their IT department.

userzIYwE1kbAp
Astronaut

Thank you for this post - I'm experiencing the same issue. Glad to know I'm not alone!

userdTZ8iUbe4j
Constellation

I talked to BotW today and their IT department is working on it but no date as to when it might get fixed.  It is also happening on older Galaxy's according to what my bank has told me.

userVByjXcTck2
Astronaut

I too have received the same message.   I can log in on the website on my phone but when logging into the app on my s10e it says the mobile site is unavailable,  been like that for at least 3 weeks! A real pain when I rely on the app to deposit checks! I don't think it's on bank of the west because my wife has used the app on her iPhone to deposit checks with no issues!