cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
user2smPe7OvHp
Asteroid

losing photos and dumping sd card!!

Hi...just upgraded to s10 on Nov 6, 2019...a week in my phone just dumped any new photos I took with it...couldn't find a reason but carried on...now a month in all going fine until a day ago...phone had switched to loading photos onto sd card which seemed okay but now it's rejecting the sd card and has dumped all new photos since Nov.6th and possibly erased all my photos off sd card!!  really upsetting!!!  nothing backed up from gallery since Nov 6th...what is going on!!!????

8 REPLIES 8
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: losing photos and dumping sd card!!

I wish I could give you a clear answer. I recommend clearing the cache partition of the phone. Hopefully, this will give you stabilization on the phone.

Press and hold the Power key, tap Power off, and then tap OK.
Press and hold the Power key and Up Volume key at the same time.
Release the Power key when the Samsung logo appears.
Release the Volume keys when the Android image appears.
Press the Volume keys to highlight Wipe cache partition.
Press the Power key to select.
Once “Cache wipe complete” appears, press the Power key to select Reboot system now.
The device restarts once the wipe is finished.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

user2smPe7OvHp
Asteroid

Can't seem to get this to recovery mode...puts it in safe mode...and nothing happens...

Are you sure this can be done or needs to be done on a brand new 1 month old s10?!  

Highlighted
Esso
Cosmic Ray

You should use Google photos until you find a fix

user2smPe7OvHp
Asteroid

yeah...nothing backed up to google photos since Nov 6th...day I got new phone!  all settings said backing up should happen!  was saving to sd card...now card is messed up!  what is going on?!  

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Putting the phone in Safe Mode disables all third-party apps, so if the phone isn't deleting pictures while in Safe Mode this is a good indication there is a faulty app. Clearing the cache partition of the phone will delete any corrupted files from the phone. You may also need to uninstall apps to determine which app is causing the problem. 

However, if you cannot clear the cache partition, I recommend taking the phone by a local uBreakiFix location for additional assistance. They are an authorized service center and will have access to the warranty information. https://www.samsung.com/us/support/ubreakifix/

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

user2smPe7OvHp
Asteroid

at this point pulled the sd card and so far things working for now...but now i have to find a way to recover photos on sd card...

Breain
Asteroid

My sd card doesnt work on my s10 either. All my music pics videos ... it wont DL anything to it or if it does little later I gotta reinstall the app I moved to it...

Breain
Asteroid

Thank you