cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

moisture detected warning

Since the update my phone has constantly displayed the moisture detected warning my phone han not gotten wet i tried to let it sit with the charging port open, I used a hairdryer set on cool, I ran a factory restore but it won't go away how do I solve this?
13 REPLIES 13
Highlighted
Asteroid

Re: moisture detected warning

Call support and see what they say. Under warranty? if so and it hasn't got wet as you stated I'd expect a replacement. Is this a refurbished device or did you buy new?
Highlighted
Constellation

Re: Re: moisture detected warning

I bought it new but it is out of warranty I bought it when the s10 was new
Highlighted
Asteroid

Re: Re: Re: moisture detected warning

if the bag of rice mentioned below doesn't work I'd contact software support as it shouldn't have any issues. never even knew there was such a message but that makes sense since no little water stickers anymore with battery housing's sealed up plus they say they're water resistant/proof for so long during a dip anyways. probably for those who drop in the toilet and have to grin and bear it and Reach down in and get the phone fished out with the almighty 💩💩💩💩's 😵🥴😵🥴🤣😂🤣😂
Highlighted
Astronaut

leave it in a bag on rice and see if that helps
Highlighted
Asteroid

why would Rice help if the phone never got wet?
Highlighted
Astronaut

Re: Re: Re: moisture detected warning

it still would pull out any moisture if there is any
Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

I had that problem last year,hit samsung up ,they will replace it..do u have insurance, then u good
Highlighted
Astronaut

My S10 updated yesterday and is giving me the moisture detected message. I can't charge the phone with plug in. No water near phone and in Otter Box. Tried rice just in case. No luck.
Highlighted
Asteroid

same problem with my S20+, since the update.