cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MsEbonyrose
Asteroid

.nomedia file found

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Just got this message today when I went to view my photos. I do not know where this came from or why. Or what causes this. Now I am not able to view 3000 plus photos. Have been able to view before this message. I know it says to delete file but I am afraid I may loss my photos was well. I have the S10 plus. Have only had it for two weeks. Transferred photos from S7. Old phone no longer works so can't get photos back. They are not in the cloud.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Samsung Care Ambassador

Re: .nomedia file found

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Hey, The nomedia file is used in various folders such as operating system data folders and app folders so that when applications like gallery scan internal storage for media files they will see the nomedia file and ignore the folder and not display any media in them . Sometimes the nomedia file is missing from a folder and people report that gallery is displaying folders with images that they didn't add and have no idea where they came from. Removing the nomedia file won't delete any of the photos and the app you're using should display them now. I would restart the phone after removing the nomedia file if the photos don't show up right away. I have a copy of the nomedia in an empty folder just in case I need it for something. CLF
6 REPLIES 6
PoisednPretty
Cosmic Ray

Same with me, i panic. I exited out and came back and the...

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Same with me, i panic. I exited out and came back and the photos were there but not all my folders.

PoisednPretty
Cosmic Ray

Did you recently do the update

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Did you recently do the update

MsEbonyrose
Asteroid

Yes

MsEbonyrose
Asteroid

Oh man.

Highlighted
MsEbonyrose
Asteroid

I just want my pictures

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I just want my pictures

Samsung Care Ambassador

Re: .nomedia file found

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Hey, The nomedia file is used in various folders such as operating system data folders and app folders so that when applications like gallery scan internal storage for media files they will see the nomedia file and ignore the folder and not display any media in them . Sometimes the nomedia file is missing from a folder and people report that gallery is displaying folders with images that they didn't add and have no idea where they came from. Removing the nomedia file won't delete any of the photos and the app you're using should display them now. I would restart the phone after removing the nomedia file if the photos don't show up right away. I have a copy of the nomedia in an empty folder just in case I need it for something. CLF