cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Asteroid

not receiving certain notifications

When i playing certain games or on certain apps my notifications are silent.  Ive tried everything i can think of to make them work.  I get no  sound notifications when 8 receive regular text messages or even facebook messenger....i have to regularly use pull down tab to see if theres an icon....ive tried so many tbings to get it to work.  Chat heads are definitely on
5 REPLIES 5

Re: not receiving certain notifications

are playing directly from the app or are you using Google play games or native game launcher from Sammy boy? those have settings that when set will allow them to not interrupted your playing even with sounds, though there are other settings elsewhere to stop sound output when sounds is in use. which other certain apps? are they media type apps or have media in them?
Asteroid

Re: Re: not receiving certain notifications

no its mostly game apps
Asteroid

Re: Re: not receiving certain notifications

you know the launcher is the only thing i didnt think of. very absent minded of me. thank you it in fact did have a do not disturb....i fixed it thank you so much
Asteroid

hey, that launcher im using....i dont remember it being there before. lately it pops up all the time because im inadvertently hitting the tab for it. how do i figure out what launcher it is....i would rather just use what is standard with my phone

the standard. native Samsung game management controller is called simply game launcher, and has a purple rounded corner style square icon with the image of OX
OO with the X yellow andcthe three remaining 0 different hues of white. you would turn that launcher on in your phone settings standard menu, in the advanced features, near the btm around the video enhancement toggle and the dual message (if applicable) and SOS message. there's a setting for showing an icon of the app screen for a short cut and a setting to only show game icons in game launcher and no where else, directing you to have to use that controller to play your games. now, even if it's on, if you got Google play games during the normal set up like everyone does and you opened that app even on accident, before game launcher so nothing registers as the default using choice, it will pop up a quick toast message, insanely quick, stating that Google play games will be set as the default controller. it's not a huge thing and can be changed it just means if you open a games app using their icon and it needs to check for account info to start a save, continue from progress you have saved via play games creds in case you uninstall then install later, it wouldn't be able to find the info and would start you new from scractch until you could find a transfer data file. bud it's not a big deal or anything and can just be left alone, that was just a heads up, incase.

fix........

make sure the game launcher is turned on in the settings menu, then the icon short cut will appear on your app home screen, then open it and go to the menu in the top left and you'll see your saved games progress for medals and achievements from that similar setup like a Google play progression account. you'll be able to check what games your playing are there if any, and depending on if it's synced with your Samsung account. there are quite a few options for performance and add one from the galaxy lab that have adjustments you can customize for improved game playing. the top has the settings gear wear you can select that show only in launcher setting, and notifications you can change for interruption while your playing in that app. your game library is a pull out drawer on the bottom of the app and pulls up and has its own settings. note that while playing a game via that app or by settings, almost never, earn play games Google account achievements even to play accounts linked through the play store and your linked account on the phone.

if it's not one of the two then uninstall it. even good, pro level and paid for similar services will eventually be more trouble then they are worth, I know this personally. change those settings and if the issue persist then I'll quickly tell you how to adjust the in game ones to stop it from happening and plugins to get and use, track your phones cpu gpu during playing Yadda yadda, if you want.