cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
McVitas
Cosmic Ray

phone in water - can't charge many hours after

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello, so I have my brand new Galaxy S10. I made a few underwater photos in a pool. Maybe ten minutes of water exposure max and 1 meter deep. But then I got quite worried because the phone kept sounding an alarm that charger connector is wet and I need to wait for it to dry, but it was already several hours and still I couldn't charge it! After around 5hours it stopped doing it and I could charge it.

I am worried that water got inside because how else could it be drying for so long?

Few weeks later I did it again because the heck it's IP68! Made some photos and videos in a pool and again I couldn't charge the phone like half a day after exposure to water! This time there was not this alarm sound playing, but it only said there is moisture detected. I am worried it can stop working one day entirely :-\

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: phone in water - can't charge many hours after

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey there @McVitas,

I certainly understand your frustrations regarding this. I would recommend visiting a UBreakIFix repair service center for an authorized technician to evaluate your device. Make sure you back up your device to your Samsung cloud so you won't lose any data during the evaluation.

5 REPLIES 5
userBMWG1MR8pF
Constellation

A hair dryer works wonders for this issue. 😁

JUMP TO SOLUTION

A hair dryer works wonders for this issue. 😁

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey there @McVitas,

I certainly understand your frustrations regarding this. I would recommend visiting a UBreakIFix repair service center for an authorized technician to evaluate your device. Make sure you back up your device to your Samsung cloud so you won't lose any data during the evaluation.

Highlighted
McVitas
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Well and what place would you recommend me here in Czech Republic? ;-)

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This link here should help guide you to the right support team in your area. --> http://www.samsung.com/visitcountry

usery1DTdlZHFn
Astronaut

This concerns me I just bought a galaxy 10

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This concerns me I just bought a galaxy 10