cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Nikolozas
Asteroid

phone locked after last update ?

many ppl says phone lock after update lastes i have EU version unlocked not usa version or carriers etc
so i can update or ijust miss this update ? i dont want reset or something like this  i just want info last update is safe or not i dont want lock my phone and hard reset delete etc actions

10 REPLIES 10

After the update most people had to do a full Factory res...

After the update most people had to do a full Factory reset. No fix so far

Nikolozas
Asteroid

Re: After the update most people had to do a full Factory res...

i get this update so idk  w t f  i can do Smiley Sad update or not

67416269_478024469650445_6786636721019682816_n.jpg

userGsUHsyv5N3
Astronaut

Re: After the update most people had to do a full Factory res...

I wait a long time before I update. Hopefully they fix that soon.

@Nikolozas wrote:

i get this update so idk  w t f  i can do Smiley Sad update or not

67416269_478024469650445_6786636721019682816_n.jpg

userhvKcD1PhmI
Astronaut

I read this all in a cockney-ish accent

I read this all in a cockney-ish accent

Mari_K
Halo

I did this update and had no problems... But, I had a PIN...

I did this update and had no problems... But, I had a PIN number to unlock my phone set up before I did the update.

Nikolozas
Asteroid

Re: I did this update and had no problems... But, I had a PIN...

i do this and i try  i hope i dont block my phone :X

DelrosPA
Constellation

Re: I did this update and had no problems... But, I had a PIN...

If you have a PIN before and this happened after the update force reboot your phone by pressing Vol Down + Power until it restarts. Try your PIN before the update

Comet

The issues was only reported by US carriers devices mostl...

The issues was only reported by US carriers devices mostly by Verizon and At&t devices other than that there were no issues reported so you must be good to go. And the issue was with the update with Night mode and other Cameras features in which case EU Versions had already got that update like a month ago and this one is new other updates.

NBI

If you've found my post to be helpful, please like the post. If my response resolved your issue, please press the "✓ Accept as Solution" button.

Samsung_FzBBaQB
Constellation

Re: phone locked after last update ?

I waited, and waited, and waited some more, just to get the update, and still no update! I was really getting steamed over the fact that my wife's s9 got both June and July updates while I still was stuck on May in August!  It was even worse because my night pictures were not coming out very well because there still was no Night Mode for the camera.

Then I found that while my carrier was dragging their feet because of the fact that people's phones were getting locked out, my phone was able to accept the stock firmware (region XAA was my unlocked phone's CSC; only use the correct firmware for your phone or getting locked out will be the least of your worries) and so I flashed it myself using Odin. I was not locked out.  That was the day before yesterday.  So far, so good. Most everything is working just fine, although I did have to clear the cache partition.

Screenshot_20190812-053849_Software update.jpg

But before I did anything, though, I used Samsung SmartSwitch to back up everything on my phone and SD card to both the SD card and to the computer. It's always a good idea to back up your data in case something goes wrong.  I now have the use of Night Mode. Only one thing wrong, so far as I can tell, and that is that the Home Screen parallax effect isn't working the same way it did before the update.

So, my suggestion is to to back everything up to a computer, and then, if you get locked out and have to do a factory reset you can restore most of your data from the computer using SmartSwitch, after doing the factory reset. If you set up "Find my device", you also could use that to try to unlock your phone if you get locked out.