cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

pubg mobile fps drop

Screenshot_20200331-140550_PUBG MOBILE.jpg

If you look at the top left I'm getting a lot of frame drop when running smooth and extreme options in the game. It jumps from 30 to 60 fps every second.   It runs consistently at 40 fps in ultra but super stuttery. I've googled just about everything to figure out why but can't find a solution.  Dolby Atmos is off and over tried everything else short of rooting the phone. Any suggestions would be appreciated. 

7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Product Expert

Re: pubg mobile fps drop

are you putting the phone in high CPU processing for gaming? 

Highlighted
Asteroid

yep, running high performance. Through game launcher and without.  Nothing seems to work

Highlighted
Product Expert

Hello,

have you tried lowering the quality of the game in the game settings? I have also noticed a unsecure connection contributing to some frame drops. 

Highlighted
Asteroid

As mentioned this is running smooth and extreme... lowering it to anything else runs less frames which isn't what this post is about. Lower settings doesn't allow competitive play at top tiers. My internet connection is fine with plenty of speed for online gaming. Not sure why it's doing this but still can't figure it out. Hopefully that answers your questions and thanks for trying to help

Highlighted
Astronaut

Dude if you find any solution please post it here, I have tried everything nothing worked to fix frame drop. What on earth a 1000$ Samsung cant fix

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

Hey bud, hope you're well. I've discovered your post during my 3rd week of researching this frame rate loss issue. I've played pubg daily since season 2. I've had every galaxy note out out, and in the current state of my 10+ I'd have to say my note 8 performed better back when I had it.

I've had the 10+ since release day, it ran pubg very well, perfectly actually.....That is up until a few weeks ago when I got the ui 2.1 update. Ever since that day pubg had run like trash! I can't even really stand to play anymore. Terrible frame rate, lag, and overall gaming experience. 

I've tried all I can to correct it; tweaking developer options, clearing the cache partition, performance mode on and off. Ive posted in a few forums, and I know there are more than a few people making the same complaint but I can't find a solution ANYWHERE!

Please let me know if you have been able to get it running right again. Thanks!

Highlighted
Asteroid

Honestly after the update my fps was perfect. The one thing i did do before that helped was delete the app and downloaded it through the Samsung store (not the google play store) and started launching it through the game launcher... Hopefully if you do that it'll help. Honestly haven't played much since the update but I'll check here in a few that it's still running 60 smooth