Original topic:

"Camera Failed"

(Topic created on: 12/17/20 2:08 AM)
userXdB2lssy0F
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S10

Hi, 

So I read up on a few posts that are similar to this one on this website, however none of them has fully worked. 
Whenever I go to my camera app, it keeps showing me a message saying "Camera Failed". I discovered that many people have had this issue and I've tried multiple solutions to this, but none of them have fully solved my issue.

I tried clearing the data and cache for the camera app; this actually helped a bit because the camera at least started working. But everytime I switch it to the front camera (selfie mode) it crashes and shows me the same message again. I have not been able to use my camera on any 3rd party apps like instagram or whatsapp video calling.

I knew that the hardware for my rear camera is fine because, somehow I could use it on spotify to scan song barcodes. 

I have tried clearing the data and cache for the camera app, I have tried opening the camera app in safe mode yet the same problem occurs. I have wiped the system cache, and also have reset the "app preferences". 

The only thing I have not tried yet is a factory reset because my phone does not seem to backup. I left my phone overnight to back up but for some reason it did not finish backing up even then. 

Is there any other way I could try to fix my phone without having to factory reset?

0 Likes
4 Replies
AAronHilt1213
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S10
have you tried just restarting your phone. I had the same problem so I just restarted my phone and it worled
0 Likes
userXdB2lssy0F
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S10

Hey,

Thanks for your reply!

I tried that multiple times, currently just did a factory reset but the camera still doesn't work. I probably have to go to a samsung service centre to get it checked at this point. Was really hoping I wouldn't need to pay for this but alas, it seems I have no option now

0 Likes
user8fFkOFrA4e
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S10

Hi, I have the same issue (for me it appears when using the macro lens), I tried factory reset as well and it does not work for me :(

That's very annoying, for a new phone.

0 Likes
userdeCm2nMoRH
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S10
my video camera isn't working
0 Likes