JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

"Can't use GIFs because it's not compatable with the lastest version of Samsung Keyboard"

(Topic created: 04-09-2020 06:54 AM)
userUIsPplF64L
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I can no longer use GIFs on my phone after the latest update, G973USQU3DTC9 dated April 8th 2020. It gives me an error of "Can't use GIFs because it's not compatable withthe lastest version of Samsung Keyboard". Seems like a wierd feature to remove.... what gives?

66 Replies
userXmRbWnOjl1
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Mine did the same thing when I updated.   After scratching my head for 2hrs and finally getting fed up with trying to download the app they say is required,which by the way never worked, I opted out by downloading a Google keyboard.   After downloading this app from play store I then activated Google keyboard as my primary keyboard and turned off my Samsung keyboard.    

Boom. Gifs and stickers again. 

I actually like Google keyboard better.  More colors, themes and preference options ...  Hope this helps

(The app I used is Gboard. "Google keyboard for Samsung")

Cheers

user93Z378FuvV
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I ended up doing the same thing.  I hate it but I think this is the only solution.

userG6XEA2KBbu
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I tried this too - NO LUCK.  I have an S10e and I've gone from loving the device to hating it literally overnight.

userkoL2tN3C93
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

If you install Gboard, you have to agree that they will collect all keystrokes, including credit card numbers. You can forget that!

0 Likes
userJZ9w3Sgy57
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Just got my s10 last night -after downloading everything from my old phone, I discovered I finally had gifs. Did my first update this morning (didn't used to do updates b/c something always went wrong afterwards but my bf insisted that was why my old phone sucked)...no more gifs. not happy.

0 Likes
userqiRnN29HQz
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Having messaged Samsung this morning I managed to get the native Samsung keyboard working again by doing a soft reset on the phone. On the galaxy s10 plus this is holding the power button and volume down button together until the phone restarts. 

Once the phone has restarted, providing you still have Samsung keyboard as your default...open WhatsApp and attempt to use a gif, it will then prompt you to download collector for keyboard. 

It now works. 

userG6XEA2KBbu
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Dang - did not work for me.  Still wants me to go through the Galaxy Store (hard NO.)

usersjtvOsczQC
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Tx!! Worked perfectly! No need to download Gboard, soft reboot & opening WhatsApp as described did the trick.

Encourage everyone to try this solution as it really did work seamlessly.  Frustrating that you have to download app & review it before even testing to see if it works, but my gifs & stickers are all back. Didn't resolve my missing auto- remembered text tho' 😥

As recommended by others, left feedback regarding my frustration & desire for Samsung to fix in next update. Sadly, my auto-text history is likely long gone.

0 Likes
rickray
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I got stickers but no luck with gif. Not sure why

0 Likes
user9GXe1MYyF0
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Bravo!!! Works like a charm!!! Thanks