cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Re: Keyboard option using GIFs

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Somebody else recommended downloading Gboard (google keyboard). Did this and now I have GIFs again Smiley Happy

Highlighted
Constellation

Re: Keyboard option using GIFs

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Gboard is great, if you don't mind allowing them to collect all your keystrokes, including credit card numbers!

Highlighted
Constellation

GIF/ Sticker not available in Facebook stories

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My gif sticker is not available in my Facebook stories. I have the gif option on my feed though. The gif sticker used to be available in fb stories.

Thanks

Megan Grey

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Facebook inbuild app issue

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I would like to look into this for you. Let's take a look at a couple of things first.

• Have you made sure your app is up to date?
  • Have you tried clearing the cache for the app?
  • Is the fb app the only one you have issues with gifs?
Astronaut

Text GIFS disappeared

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Why did the GIFs option for texting go away on my S10? Now I have to go to Google Play store and download something?! Are you serious?

Highlighted
Constellation

Re: Text GIFS disappeared

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Mine did the same after I did an update & it's ticking me off. 

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@Samsung_i5HQIMw wrote:

Why did the GIFs option for texting go away on my S10? Now I have to go to Google Play store and download something?! Are you serious?

Yeah this is bad news.  I hate when a company forces you to do things thier way without asking first.  Thisis not good  . I had so many saved and now I i have to start over.  I actually used more colorful language than this and they wouldn't let me post

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello... Just download the Gboard keyboard from play store and it will replace the Samsung keyboard. It's better and all gifs and stickers are there.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I sincerely aplogize that my post had to be edited for my bad decision-making in using alternative spelling for poor language.  I just felt extremely frustrated.  Please accept apologies to anyone I offended.  Y'all are of great help to many of us and I truly appreciate the help given here.  MYBAD.

---------------------------------------

Add me to the list of more than off people! 

The gif option stopped working since latest update.

I use verizon messenger and spent way too much time on the phone with them trying to fix this problem.  Dealt with two people:  Their answer?  Do a factory reset.  REALLY???? noooooo WAY.  Lose everything on my phone just to get gifs back? (which would not work anyway I now realize.)

I tried switching to the default messenger on the phone and still get redirected to galaxy store to DL some piece of app that all are complaining about. I called Samsung and his answer was "Google" made the change and Samsung had to comply.  C'mon, really????????  Here's the oddest part.  Others I know that did the update still have the ability to use the gif search in their messenger.  Something is way off!!  Why some and not others?  I've checked setting after setting and now I see others are having the same problem.  Fix this Samsung Please!!!!!

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Facebook bought giphy (gifs) so they've been removed from all platforms.  Now, they want you to download the app, which includes giving permissions to everything on your phone.  No thank you!  And, from all the reviews I've read, they require you to rate the app BEFORE you can use it so too few know to rate it as a 1 until it's too late.
https://www.forbes.com/sites/abrambrown/2020/05/15/facebook-buys-giphy-for-400-million/#72e4d86e4e59