JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

"Can't use GIFs because it's not compatable with the lastest version of Samsung Keyboard"

(Topic created: 05-23-2020 09:00 PM)
userUIsPplF64L
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I can no longer use GIFs on my phone after the latest update, G973USQU3DTC9 dated April 8th 2020. It gives me an error of "Can't use GIFs because it's not compatable withthe lastest version of Samsung Keyboard". Seems like a wierd feature to remove.... what gives?

66 Replies
useryPFjOqGSLE
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Same thing here. Been a fan of samsung, never Iphone but i may change my mind with this latest upgrade that became a downgrade! Will try the google keyboard.

David9193
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Ok everyone I literally just fixed the issue about 5 minutes ago so here it is.

Settings>Apps>3 dots in the corner>Show system apps>Search Keyboard>Clear data for Samsung keyboard.

After clearing the data, when you go try to use stickers or GIFs again, it will direct you to the Galaxy store where you install a certain app. After installing the app, your keyboard will have all the stickers and GIFs like it used to.

I hope this helps.

David
IG: David_sgd

NanoS7
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Hi!!,

This work for me. Thanks!!

0 Likes
user6Zfrl57hAx
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Go to the app and clear the data. I did and it works now.

0 Likes
usermO8lUWym3t
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I downloaded GBOARD from google play, and now GIFs are back, as well hundered imogies.

0 Likes
userPhWo6u7B3F
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I tried the previous solution and it did not work for me. However, I did go to the playstore and downloaded the Facebook Lite app and that is allowing me to post Bitmoji and GIFs.

0 Likes
user5S1mIswFZH
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Same here
0 Likes