cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Drewbrew101
Asteroid

"Couldn't make connection to server"

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have a Galaxy S10+ and I've had no issues at all with this phones hardware or software, maybe little things with the software that wasn't even an issue. After I received the monthly update for October, around two weeks ago,(baseband version G975USQU2BSIP)my phone kept popping up a message that said "Couldn't make connection to server", usually every time I was typing a message, text, email or any sort of typing. I'm pretty sure that's what it said. But the first attempt to resolving it was to reset my network settings. That didn't work. The second attempt to resolve it was to go into the recovery menu and wipe the cache partition and then reboot my phone. And it worked, although I have seen it maybe two or three times pop up and disappear like a two tenths of a second. I just hope the problem can be fully resolved. Did anyone else out there have the same issue on their S10+ phone? Let me know please. It's not a big issue anymore, I just want it completely resolved. Thanks

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Drewbrew101
Asteroid

Re: "Couldn't make connection to server"

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I actually got the problem resolved with the November software security update baseband version G975USQS2BSIW. So all of you that are haters of Samsung, it actually was fixed within a few days after I originally posted the irritating issue. But Samsung still builds very good phones, there is issues to every phone, their hardware and software. That's why there is troubleshooting and monthly software updates and yearly major operating system updates. Thank you for all the suggestions and help offered on this post. I actually really like the Galaxy S10+. I will be getting an S11+. The S10+ is still a powerful smooth running phone.

View solution in original post

18 REPLIES 18
McStream
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Nope, I would not like that

Samsung_HZZRXXV
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Same issue. Brand new phone got it 3 days ago. Going to try what you did

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@Drewbrew101 Are your messages and emails sending? I see by your baseband version you use AT&T services. The message you are seeing is an issue with connecting to the messaging servers. I recommend contacting AT&T. I have see others post that turning off the Advanced Messaging feature by AT&T will stop the notification, as a temporary solution.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

userNdSENwi2HI
Constellation

Galaxy S10+ Phone Overheating and Battery Draining

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have an S10+ which is six months old and the phone is overheating and the battery is draining very fast. What is the please?

userw2AcjJ5llH
Cosmic Ray

Re: Galaxy S10+

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I would try a factory reset.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Galaxy S10+

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userNdSENwi2HI  Here are some things that will help: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00076952/ If the troubleshooting is not helpful, please send a private message with the model code and IMEI number: http://bit.ly/2XERsky

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Galaxy S10+ Phone Overheating and Battery Draining

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userNdSENwi2HI Good evening, I wanted to follow up with you to see if you are still in need of assistance?

userNdSENwi2HI
Constellation

Re: Galaxy S10+ Phone Overheating and Battery Draining

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello,

Thank you for your reply. It appears that the Samsung S10+ with the dual sim operating at the same time seems to overheat the phone and drain the battery. I have disabled the one sim and the phone has now performed a bit better. I will monitor it as it is used. Thank you and have a good day.

user8wSYmpdCYl
Constellation

Can't connect to server message in Gray bar on screen after latest update

JUMP TO SOLUTION

After the last update on my s10 I am getting a"cannot connect to server message in a grey bar on my screen. I cleared my cashe on phone and browser and all apps still happening. Is there any way to uninstall last update?