cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userh8Q3HZ0swD
Asteroid

"couldn't copy software update to LED view cover" is still a problem

I just hit this problem today and can't get it to work.   I hope there is a fix.   I've tried everything....clearing cache's, wiping cache partitions,   stopping LED cover and LED Icon editor, reinstalling LED Icon Editor, turnig off NFC, Samsung Pay, Fast wireless charging.  

Nothing seems to allow the software update for the LED View Cover to successfully complete.

Help!!!

8 REPLIES 8
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: "couldn't copy software update to LED view cover" is still a problem

Are you receiving an error message with this? Can I have your full model code?

userh8Q3HZ0swD
Asteroid

LED View Cover software update just won't complete.   Just happened a couple days ago and it won't update.   I have an Samsung s10 plus.   

The error message is : ""couldn't copy software update to LED view cover""

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Have you tried running the device in Safe Mode?
1. Turn off the device
2. Now switch your phone back on. Immediately you see the Samsung logo appear on your screen, press and hold the Volume Down key until the phone boots completely to the home screen.
3. You should now see a watermark caption "Safe Mode" at the bottom left corner of your phone screen. This will now disable all 3rd party apps.

userh8Q3HZ0swD
Asteroid

Interesting.   I booted into "Safe Mode" and the uninstalled the LED Icon Editor and reinstalled the LED Icon Editor and it the LED View Cover started working,...... BUT only in Safe Mode, when I restarted the phone back into normal mode, it all reverted and can't install the software update again.

Thoughts???

userh8Q3HZ0swD
Asteroid

looks like a lost cause.... just can't get it to install the software update, and I'm stuck.   

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

If the issue doesn't occur with the device in safe mode then there is a third-party app causing this. You may have to delete your third-party apps one by one (starting with the most recent) until you find the one causing this.

userh8Q3HZ0swD
Asteroid

it's hopeless, it will never install

userYghvQ26ksv
Constellation

Samsung, are you doing anything about this???

I have the same problem. I can't update the software of my LED View Cover. Whenever I try to update it, I get the error "Couldn't copy software update to LED View Cover".

I already tried stopping the apps LED Cover and LED Icon Editor, and clearing their caches. I also tried uninstalling and reinstalling LED Icon Editor. I also tried turning off NFC, Samsung Pay, and Fast Wireless Charging. It also doesn't work while in Safe Mode or Airplane Mode. My Samsung Galaxy S10+ has the latest software update.

Please do something about this.