cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Astronaut

s10 4g connection terrible

My friend for a laugh was boasting to me about his new connection speeds. I knew mine was slower, and ran a speed test to show him..

But wow!! And not in the good sense.

I only got my s10 back in Feb, and im sure it was faster back then as I even went on holiday with it and no issues. But in the last couple of months, I thought it was getting slower, but put it down to just me being impatient. Ive always used my main phone with 4G connection as a mobile hotspot for my devices without a connection, but lately when anything is connected too it, none of the devices work very well.

Anyway. Did a speed test on the mobile data connection, in fact, done several, and the speeds im getting have ranged from 0.29 to 4.3mbps download, and 0.12 to 0.73mbps upload which are absolutley rediculous! My old Sony phone which I had previously used to get download speeds in the range of 15-20mbps at least.

My wifi connection has also been slow on my s10, and older s7 phones, yet my s5e tablet and the older sony phone come in the same as my pc.

The s10's wifi did improve briefly on a soft reset but has now gone back down to only 31mbps download/9mbps upload, but the s7 hasnt at all and has stuck around the 23-26mbps download, and 10-11mbps upload. As a comparason, the other devices are getting around 55mbps download and 11mbps upload speeds.

To summerise..the two samsung phones are getting half or less the download speeds of everything else on wifi, and the one phone ive got with a sim/data connection (s10) is getting less speeds than dial up internet used too!!

Any ideas why samsung phones are so slow, and how to rectify without doing a reset?