cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Raptorbob
Asteroid

s10 customized ring tones not working

I have generated custom ring tones and stored them in the phones internal storage.  I have gone into Contacts and redirected the desired peoples ring tone to the one I want to assign to the person.  Everything looks good and the redirected ringtone name appears in the data for the assigned persons.  The problem is that when a call comes in from the assigned person I get the default ring tone not the assigned ring tone.  Since the correct ring tone name shows for the individual why do I not get this ring tone?

12 REPLIES 12
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: s10 customized ring tones not working

When you stored the ringtones, did you add them to the ringtone folder in the settings?

Raptorbob
Asteroid

They are stored in Main Storage under the folder Ringtones

Samsung_7IXWQBe
Astronaut

I have the same issue they only work sometimes and all my...

I have the same issue they only work sometimes and all my ringtones are in the folder.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: I have the same issue they only work sometimes and all my...

@Samsung_7IXWQBe Just to clarify, the personal assigned ringtones will ring correctly on one call and default on another call?

Samsung_7IXWQBe
Astronaut

Yes it works on one call and defaults on another

Yes it works on one call and defaults on another

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

I am not sure if that would be a software glitch or more of the phone is unable to determine the caller until it has already received the signal for an incoming call so it gives the default sound instead of the personal one. For a software glitch, you can simply backup everything and do a factory reset. You may want to reach out to your service provider and speak with upper level tech support regarding the other theory.

Raptorbob
Asteroid

If it were the issue that the phone is unable to determine the caller ID then it would not work intermittenly.  It has worked fine on other phones that I have used.  I bought a factory unlocked phone and would expect Samsung to have a straight answer, especially since it does not seem to be unique to my phone.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

@Rydah and @ShadowArtist201 Any ideas that could help?

I'm not even slightly qualified to help with the S10 series, but maybe you could try clearing the system cache? That could fix any software bugs that may be causing this.