cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tessa127
Constellation

s10 notification sound when there is no notification?

My s10 has been making notification sounds for a few weeks, while there is no notification. It's extra weird because my actual notifications have the "Chaos" sound, and the ghost notifications have the "Spaceline" sound. It's really annoying and I have tried turning off the notification reminder, hopinh that would be the solution, but it doesn't help. My phone just keeps making the Spaceline notification sound for no reason. The ghost notifications happen sporadically. Sometimes 'only' twice a day, sometimes like ten times a day. 

Does anyone else have this problem? Or, more importantly, the solution? 

Thanks! 

4 REPLIES 4
useroSMmEKv8by
Constellation

Re: s10 notification sound when there is no notification?

I have the same problem with my S10+. Also called it "ghost notification". Not sure how to fix it. 

Highlighted
Samsung Care Ambassador

@Tessa127 @useroSMmEKv8by  Nice Catch (made by Samsung) will identify what is causing these notifications so you will be able to silence them once and for all:

http://apps.samsung.com/appquery/appDetail.as?appId=com.samsung.android.app.goodcatch

Tessa127
Constellation

Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately Nice Catch does not show the ghost notifications, so this didn't help. 

Black Hole

I heard the sound few times on my new Note10.  I also remember few years back with S8, there was a thread(s) on XDA possibly about this and "I think" it was an issue in the software and Samsung had to address it in the software update.  I might be wrong about what was causing it or the resolution, but I think you can search XDA site